http://halfacts.com/6166-oosterdam-ns/

and Westerdam 6166

http://halfacts.com/6166-westerdam/

and zuiderdam 7142

http://halfacts.com/7142-zuiderdam-s-aft-corner/

and Westerdam 8140

http://halfacts.com/8140-westerdam-s/

Edited by jtl513

Have searched high and low only found a couple bad pictures on halcat and none of the wrap around aft layout and furniture that may be on this veranda is there loungers a table??? Any help would be appreciated

We'll be on Nieuw Amsterdam in December in 5187 which is a mirror image of 5186 and I will have lots of images of the cabin, to include the verandah to post. I will also have all of the MDR menus scanned in PDF format.

If this thread is still findable, I will post images for you. Feel free to ask any other questions for which I may find answers in December.

We'll be on Nieuw Amsterdam in December in 5187 which is a mirror image of 5186 and I will have lots of images of the cabin, to include the verandah to post. I will also have all of the MDR menus scanned in PDF format.

If this thread is still findable, I will post images for you. Feel free to ask any other questions for which I may find answers in December.

Crew News you are my favorite poster on CC as of right now . My dear girlfriend Lee and I will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam for two weeks starting Jan 4 . Our cabin is 5187 ! Please post pictures and reviews if possible . We are very much looking fwd to this trip . We have sailed on two Vista ships w aft verandas and I realize this cabin will have a smaller veranda .. I'm totally fine with that but would love to hear from you re : cabin / veranda. Regards Frank

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by fm6175

Crew News you are my favorite poster on CC as of right now . My dear girlfriend Lee and I will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam for two weeks starting Jan 4 . Our cabin is 5187 ! Please post pictures and reviews if possible . We are very much looking fwd to this trip . We have sailed on two Vista ships w aft verandas and I realize this cabin will have a smaller veranda .. I'm totally fine with that but would love to hear from you re : cabin / veranda. Regards Frank

Now that I am your favorite poster, I will do my best to capture all of the nuances of 5187.

Contrary to what you posted about verandah size, the 5187 verandah is one of the largest on the ship and can easily hold 25+ friends along the railing during a sail-away party. I will get you pictures as well as measurements. The verandah wraps around to give you a 270-degree view for amazing photographs as well as the chance to escape the weather.

For planning purposes, the round verandah table is 42-inch diameter and takes a round 70-inch table cloth. Bringing your own tablecloth gives a bit of class to your morning Room Service breakfast on your verandah. Don't forget the clips to keep the tablecloth from blowing away.

As is my normal practice, I will be creating a photo tour of the NA in PDF format that I will post on my website. As previously posted, I will scan all of the ships menus and On Locations. While on board, I will try to do a daily report, don my food critic hat, and also answer any questions whenever I have internet access. Send me a list of questions before I depart and I will do whatever research on board is needed to get you answers.

I am glad that I can be of help.

I can't believe there isn't more pics of these cabins on cc as the ship is a couple of years old ,we will also have a cabana retreat on deck 11 so hopefully all of our cruises go well

As previously posted, we are in 5187 on Dec 7th for a B2B and probably sharing the same Room Steward as 5186. I will do my best to "convince" our Room Steward to allow me to take pictures of 5186 for you when we return before the other passengers for the second week.

If you have any specific questions about the room or the NA that I can research for you while I am on board, feel free to ask.

Edited by Crew News

I can't believe there isn't more pics of these cabins on cc as the ship is a couple of years old ,we will also have a cabana retreat on deck 11 so hopefully all of our cruises go well

CC doesn't provide photos, but the good folks who belong to CC have been contributing to the HALfacts site as we go along, so it is a work in progress. When you cruise, please take some photos of your cabin and send them along for the benefit of others on here.:)

CC doesn't provide photos, but the good folks who belong to CC have been contributing to the HALfacts site as we go along, so it is a work in progress. When you cruise, please take some photos of your cabin and send them along for the benefit of others on here.:)

CC does provide a forum for posting cabin photos at this link:

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showgallery.php?cat=513

It may take a bit of searching for a specific ship.

Yes Crew News the reason I mentioned that I thought the veranda on the NA was small was in comparison to the aft wrap 4185 on the Noordam we had January 2014 . That sucker was huge . We could have played basketball and shuffle board out there . Correct me if I'm wrong but I read here on CC that the signature ships aft corner verandas are small than vista ships . Frank

Yes Crew News the reason I mentioned that I thought the veranda on the NA was small was in comparison to the aft wrap 4185 on the Noordam we had January 2014 . That sucker was huge . We could have played basketball and shuffle board out there . Correct me if I'm wrong but I read here on CC that the signature ships aft corner verandas are small than vista ships . Frank

Frank,

The corner verandahs are smaller than Vista ships on the aft portion from what my photographs show. They are still huge enough for 25 friends or more along the railing.

I have three pictures of the verandah for aft wrap 6175 on the NA. From the railing to the wall on both the side and aft portions appears to be eight feet. The length of the side portion was about 30 feet. The aft portion appears to be about 20 feet from the railing curve to the next stateroom divider wall. What is different from the Vista-class ships is less distance from the stateroom door to the railing. The side verandah is suitable for shuffleboard if you move the two loungers out of the way. You could easily have 25+ friends for a sail-away party.

Furniture on the aft portion of the verandah was four table chairs, two lounge chairs, one foot stool, one 42-inch round table, and one small table with plenty of room between them. I will take a number of verandah photos in Dec for 5187 and maybe 5186 to give you a better idea of the verandah spacing.

CC does provide a forum for posting cabin photos at this link:

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showgallery.php?cat=513

It may take a bit of searching for a specific ship.

You are absolutely correct - I had forgotten about that forum. Only went there once, and found photos taken by one member on here and yet posted by another who took credit for it. I found that rather strange and somewhat confusing. Since then, I've never been back to that forum.

Edited by Lizzie68

As previously posted, we are in 5187 on Dec 7th for a B2B and probably sharing the same Room Steward as 5186. I will do my best to "convince" our Room Steward to allow me to take pictures of 5186 for you when we return before the other passengers for the second week.

cruiseatick ARE the passengers that will be boarding on Dec 14, so taking pictures that day won't do them any good! :) Edited by catl331

cruiseatick ARE the passengers that will be boarding on Dec 14, so taking pictures that day won't do them any good! :)

You are indeed correct. My efforts to be helpful were blind to their being on our December 14th Roll Call. I realize that I cannot provide them pictures of their balcony before them embark.

Joanie and I look forward to our aft wrap mates joining the cruise.

Edited by Crew News

I have located one of my NA photos taken from the pier at Costa Maya. It shows 5186 and what verandah furniture is included. The picture is not located on a website and I will have to email it to you. It is a high res JPG of more than 4 MB so it can be zoomed quite well.

Contact me through my website Contact Form and I will email it to you.

I will also send you photos (small JPDs) of the balcony with furniture and photos from inside 6164 located directly above 5186.

Edited by Crew News

Yes you are correct we will be on dec 14 cruise ,we have only been in a Neptune suite on osterdam and that was on deck 7 across the hall from the lounge .We loved that stateroom but thought we would really like one of the aft suites but they always seem to be sold out.We did travel in a center aft on independence of the seas and did not care for it as there are big steel structures on the aft that you have to look through and the water was not directly below us .sSo we are very excited about this aft wrap as there won't be any obstruction like there was on independence of the seas . My email is david@suncoastplumber.net if anybody can forward any picktures would be awesome .we have sailed on Eurodam it's inaugural year and enjoyedit we stayed in a 11th deck mini balcony it was really quite up there,not much of a balcony but Beutiful views .

Yes you are correct we will be on dec 14 cruise ,we have only been in a Neptune suite on osterdam and that was on deck 7 across the hall from the lounge .So we are very excited about this aft wrap as there won't be any obstruction like there was on independence of the seas . My email is david@suncoastplumber.net if anybody can forward any picktures would be awesome .we have sailed on Eurodam it's inaugural year and enjoyedit we stayed in a 11th deck mini balcony it was really quite up there,not much of a balcony but Beutiful views .

Photos emailed.

Edited by Crew News

We will be on the Eurodam in cabin 5186 in 8 days. I will take pictures and share will Halfacts. Should be the same as NA.

thanks so much Jake. it's contributions like yours that make HALfacts the website it is. Really appreciate it:)