Bought the UDP and lost 8 lbs!

Magickpyggie

Just back from the 16 night Panama Canal cruise on the Jewel and bought the UDP to try it out. For us it was great and worked really well. We tend to eat around 7pm and every restaurant was nearly empty so we had excellent service and a quiet ambience to enjoy the meals.

We ate as follows

Cagney's 3 times

Teppanyaki 1 time

Moderno 2 times

Chin Chin 3 times

Mongolian Hot Pot 1 time

Le Bistro 3 times

La Cuccina 3 times

Because we ate three times in our favourite restaurants we were able to try things we wouldn't have paid a high cover charge for and it was great to experiment, so we really had great value from the package.

So how did I lose 8 lbs? Book a cabin as far away from the food as you can and enjoy the walk to and from the venues plus choosing a lot of chicken and fish helped a lot. Every meal was excellent, there was just too much meat at Moderno but the Salad Bar was excellent.

Would we use it again on our next cruise, probably yes as it was very enjoyable.

Magickpyggie

Good for you. People are always amazed that I lose weight on a cruise. I do a lot more walking on a ship than I do at home. My cabin is usually toward to bow of the ship and you have to walk a long way from it to almost anywhere onboard. I also am very careful with what I eat and what time I eat.

I was on a 5-night sailing aboard Sun two weeks ago. We also had the UDP, and I put on about 10 pounds! :p Of course the 8 bottles of wine and the buckets of hard cider might have contributed a bit to the weight gain. I've got the UDP again for my forthcoming 7-night sailing on Epic. We'll see how it goes. :cool: