Quick help needed! Change southwest flight- price drop

vacation_junkie

It's probably faster to just go to their webpage, which tells you how to do this, than to spend time posting here.

It isn't working anyways.

If I do a mock booking it shows the reduced price of $113

When I log in and hit change flight and choose the same time/day it gives a higher price for some reason. The price that it was at yesterday.

It doesn't show the current price of $113.

Is the new price you're seeing also for a wanna get away fare?

Yes, it showed $113 for the new wanna get away fare when I did the mock booking.

But when I went on to change the reservation it still showed $142.

odd!

Today its up to $169... oh well!

Edited by vacation_junkie

You may be trying to book more than one seat at the lower price, when there are not that many discounted seats available...

The Mock booking had the same amount of seats as we had booked.

But when I logged in to change the reservation it brought up the higher price.

I logged on this morning and noticed the price dropped on our Southwest outbound flight. How do I change it to the same time/better price?

We will just retain the credit for next flight...

Thanks

The last time I did this (and admittedly it's been a while), I had to book a new reservation. Then when checking out, there was a place to put in the unused reservation $. When I finished, I had a credit balance. I can't remember exactly each step, but that was the gist of it.

The price that it was at yesterday.

It doesn't show the current price of $113.

Yield management. THE CHEAPER seats are GONE!

You may be able to call if you took a screen shot of the cheaper seat BUT you MAY NOT get the price you are looking for. Those algorithms the airlines use to compute seat availability/vs price are far above most people's IQ's except for math professors or nuclear scientists.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been lucky in doing them...so far. But here's the thing...

If you see a cheaper seat, you'll have to cancel you current flight. Then *fingers crossed* it won't take long for those credit $$ to hit your account and then you just rebook. I know the first time that I did this, a rep had told me that it could take up to 24 hours for the credit to hit my account to use the dollars. (It didn't, but it could still happen).

The only other way to do it is to cancel and use your own funds to pay for the new flight and just leave the entire credit for the canceled flight in your account. :)

I have been lucky in doing them...so far. But here's the thing...

If you see a cheaper seat, you'll have to cancel you current flight. Then *fingers crossed* it won't take long for those credit $$ to hit your account and then you just rebook. I know the first time that I did this, a rep had told me that it could take up to 24 hours for the credit to hit my account to use the dollars. (It didn't, but it could still happen).

The only other way to do it is to cancel and use your own funds to pay for the new flight and just leave the entire credit for the canceled flight in your account. :)

This is what I do... cancel and rebook VERY QUICKLY. In all my cases, the funds from the cancelled flight has been available immediately.

Several people here have suggested to call in, but I've never done that.