Maho beach?

Keep in mind the Maho Beach is in awful condition.

You might want to go for a little while to see the low flying planes ... but you don't want to plan to spend the day there. ;)

Yeah, we just want to go and watch the planes

You may not plan to spend the day at Maho (and Mullet, next door is really nice), but the condition of the beach today certainly doesn't fortell the condition in January, or even next week.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

Not 100% sure of the price, but I think 40 pp, They will take you to the beach in an AC Van and also stop at Maho for some plane spotting. Tour includes drinks. We liked it cuz we got to go to the beach and see planes too. They also stopped at an area so we could souvenirs if we wanted.

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/st-maarten/beach-bum-orient-maho.html

We have done this excursion twice and it is the BEST. You really can't beat the price. And drinks are included during the ride from the cruise port to the beaches. Like someone else said, Maho isn't the best beach to relax on but it's a once in a lifetime experience and with this excursion, you get to visit Orient Beach as well which is AMAZING!! You get about 2 hours at each beach. Amigo tours runs it. They are the best and they give you commentary the whole time while driving. Let me know if you have any questions!

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back. We took a city can tour right outside the port. We told the woman where we wanted to go and she switched the itinerary of the regular city circle to include maho. Honestly the 30 minutes we were there was enough. We saw three planes land and one take off.

We have done this excursion twice and it is the BEST. You really can't beat the price. And drinks are included during the ride from the cruise port to the beaches. Like someone else said, Maho isn't the best beach to relax on but it's a once in a lifetime experience and with this excursion, you get to visit Orient Beach as well which is AMAZING!! You get about 2 hours at each beach. Amigo tours runs it. They are the best and they give you commentary the whole time while driving. Let me know if you have any questions!

Is this one where you are on a van with a bunch of other people?

[quote name=lauraodonnell86;50331977

We have done this excursion twice and it is the BEST. You really can't beat the price. And drinks are included during the ride from the cruise port to the beaches. Like someone else said' date=' Maho isn't the best beach to relax on but it's a once in a lifetime experience and with this excursion, you get to visit Orient Beach as well which is AMAZING!! You get about 2 hours at each beach. Amigo tours runs it. They are the best and they give you commentary the whole time while driving. Let me know if you have any questions![/quote]

OK!! lauraodonnell86 this is exactly what I want to do on St. Maarten! We are going in September and want Orient Beach with a little time at Maho. I want to take this tour! Are you 100% sure about it!!??? I'm a little apprehensive about it not being through the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great to me - we will be there in December on RCCL Jewel. It says it is a 4.5 hour tour - and our ship will be in dock from 8 - 5, so we could do the 9 or 11 tour - decisions, decisions. Thank you so much for sharing this!

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back. We took a city can tour right outside the port. We told the woman where we wanted to go and she switched the itinerary of the regular city circle to include maho. Honestly the 30 minutes we were there was enough. We saw three planes land and one take off.

City Can Tour? Is that a company? We're there next week and I'm exploring options for Mullet/ Maho transportation.

Thanks!