Wellington Transportation into town

DanaJW

Hello, Our Celebrity cruise leaves in a week and I am finalizing some trip details! I believe I read before, but of course can't remember, if Celebrity offers a shuttle from the Wellington dock into town or if we are on our own to figure out that transportation. If we are on our own, any suggestions about the best options?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dana

Hello, Our Celebrity cruise leaves in a week and I am finalizing some trip details! I believe I read before, but of course can't remember, if Celebrity offers a shuttle from the Wellington dock into town or if we are on our own to figure out that transportation. If we are on our own, any suggestions about the best options?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dana

When we cruised Celebrity, there was a shuttle into the city. However, it is an easy walk into the city. Just follow the marked lines out of the wharf area.

When we cruised Celebrity, there was a shuttle into the city. However, it is an easy walk into the city. Just follow the marked lines out of the wharf area.

... and if walking back to the ship , stay on the harbour side of the road, otherwise you will end up being cut off by the motorway and unable to cross the road and have to walk a long way back to cross over ;).

I'm guessing that you'll be arriving on the Celebrity Solstice? In which case, there's a shuttle service which operates all day. The cost is NZD10 cash for a ticket you can use all day, although they'll also take AUD and USD. It takes about 15 minutes and there's two stops - the first at the i-SITE Visitor Information Centre which is 5 minutes walk from Te Papa, the second stop is in Brandon St which is 1 minutes walk from the Cable Car right in the centre of the city. You can get on and off at either stop, and it takes about 10 minutes to walk between Stop One and Stop Two through downtown Wellington.

Wellington is a little city - you can walk from one end to the other in around 30 minutes, either along the waterfront or through the downtown area. Enjoy!

Kiwi Kruiser, I see you live in Orewa. Before we hop on solstice at Auckland, we are doing 10 days around north island.

We are going to rotorua, then bay of islands. We thought it looked too far to travel in 1 day so we thought we may stay 1 night north of Auckland. Is Orewa a nice stop or is there any where else you recommend?

Kiwi Kruiser, I see you live in Orewa. Before we hop on solstice at Auckland, we are doing 10 days around north island.

We are going to rotorua, then bay of islands. We thought it looked too far to travel in 1 day so we thought we may stay 1 night north of Auckland. Is Orewa a nice stop or is there any where else you recommend?

Orewa is a lovely stop...:D:D

Well I had to say that.

However we are only 30 minutes from Auckland and a lot of people are stopping off here now, especially on their way back from up north, before they drop the car or motor home off in Auckland City.

Good range of accom from camping ground, (for motor homes) motels, (lots of "older style" awaiting redevelopment), to High Rise Apartments.

Heres a site that has it all for you to check out...

http://www.orewabeach.co.nz/

10 days will be a great break. You will have a great time in the Bay of Islands.....and what a wonderful way to sail home on Solstice:)

Archived