Sandy.....Motion/Sea Sickness

LindaJean

Leaving on FANTASY out of Charleston Saturday. With Sandy off the East Coast, ship should be rocking and rolling. What do you find works best for motion/sea sickness?

My sis in law and I will be on the same sailing with you. I always use a patch. I honestly don't know if I would get sick and I keep saying one of these times I won't put one on just in case. But, I don't want to risk any of my vacation with getting sick. So, got a couple patches. She doesn't use anything.

I just hope the ship can get back into Charleston to get us. As long as it can we will be heading away from it. So, things will get better for us once we get going. Should be some good rocking us to sleep that first night. I love that anyway.

Safe travels.

Not a medicine but if you start to feel really sick, get in the pool. This helps me to feel better since the motion isn't really noticeable. Of course if the waves are bad enough the pool water could be rocking as well then this wouldn't help. Also being outside in the fresh air helps me.

I highly recommend Transdermal V - it's a patch that you place behind your ear. It's specifically for motion sickness. You wear it for three days and you will not feel any motion sickness. After three days you remove it and replace it with another. My friend is very sensitive to motion, car rides, plane rides etc, she is out of commission for hours after. She took the patch on her last cruise and did not have even the mildest of problems. Same for my daughter.

Not a medicine but if you start to feel really sick, get in the pool. This helps me to feel better since the motion isn't really noticeable. Of course if the waves are bad enough the pool water could be rocking as well then this wouldn't help. Also being outside in the fresh air helps me.

My only concern would be if I *didn't* feel better and threw up, I would put the pool out of commission for everyone else!

Ginger works VERY well and won't make you drowsy.

I have chronic nausea and funny enough was only nauseous once on the cruise. But that was the day after I'd had ONE alcoholic drink (the first and last of the cruise). We also had near perfect seas the entire 6 days.

I easily get Motion Sickness. On our last cruise, I wore the Sea Sickness Bands ( available at Wal-Mart or Walgreens) and took Ginger Tablets with each meal. Never got sick.

Ditto on this exact strategy, seabands and the only difference is we take Ginger Gravol instead of just ginger tablets.

I easily get Motion Sickness. On our last cruise, I wore the Sea Sickness Bands ( available at Wal-Mart or Walgreens) and took Ginger Tablets with each meal. Never got sick.

Ditto on this exact strategy, seabands and the only difference is we take Ginger Gravol instead of just ginger tablets.

Gravol is a Canadian product. Those poor Americans can't get it!

I get nauseous on a Merry Go Round so I have to use the patch. If the seas are really rough (on two of our cruises) I may have to also take a pill. Some of my family members usually only take OTC meds if the seas start to get rough. My DH is ExNavy so never uses anything. :rolleyes:

If it's really rough the pool more than likely will be closed.:(

bonine, take it the night before you sail so its already in ur system.

Agree! This is what I did on my past cruise. Took two each night starting the night before we left and I did not have one problem or side effect. I typically always get sea sick and this was my first cruise where I did not feel sea sick one bit.

I would suggest getting some ginger tablets also.. take 1 or 2 before every meal.

And Bonnie

I also take ginger pills and bonine. I take the bonine at bed time, starting a couple days before. I take the ginger pills at meal time as well. I take all no matter what. I get sea sick in lagoons and just looking at the water. Sad but true!

~Sweet~

Archived