Transatlantic / returning by air

Eric2005

Wait if I'm using a TA I can still contact Cunard directly for air pricing?

That is what I did. From what I understand the TA no longer gets a commission for the booking.

It is MUCH easier to do it with Princess though. I found the flights I wanted on their "Find Flights for this Cruise" link and then called them. With Cunard there is no such link. I am sure that the customer service reps would be able to take a lot less time if the passenger had access to the same screens as they.

That is what I did. From what I understand the TA no longer gets a commission for the booking.

It is MUCH easier to do it with Princess though. I found the flights I wanted on their "Find Flights for this Cruise" link and then called them. With Cunard there is no such link. I am sure that the customer service reps would be able to take a lot less time if the passenger had access to the same screens as they.

Correct, TA does not get commission on air portion. I called Cunard directly, got 1st class fare on BA at 25% of "rack" rate. Called again a month or so later when I was outside of penalty, trimmed a little more off that price (because of fluctuation in pound sterling). Cunard was very helpful both times.

I called Cunard on Monday and was quoted USD610 per person to fly from Chicago to New York the morning of departure, and from London to Chicago one week after arriving in Southampton, all nonstop on American. I haven't booked yet (I plan to wait until about T-2 months from our departure date), but this is much, much cheaper than booking on our own would be.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Cunard will allow us to fly in the morning of departure, albeit arriving LaGuardia at 9 am.

I called Cunard on Monday and was quoted USD610 per person to fly from Chicago to New York the morning of departure, and from London to Chicago one week after arriving in Southampton, all nonstop on American. I haven't booked yet (I plan to wait until about T-2 months from our departure date), but this is much, much cheaper than booking on our own would be.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Cunard will allow us to fly in the morning of departure, albeit arriving LaGuardia at 9 am.

Might I suggest you lock in the price now? You can cancel up to 45 days from time of departure.

I have been watching some interesting price fluctuations. Yours is a good price.

Yesterday I booked our World Cruise flights. We are going Fort Myers to San Francisco in February with the return LHR to MIA the day after our cruise. Our flights are First Class and they are going to cost us $1900 approx per person.

I already have my seat assignments too.

Might I suggest you lock in the price now? You can cancel up to 45 days from time of departure.

I have been watching some interesting price fluctuations. Yours is a good price.

Yesterday I booked our World Cruise flights. We are going Fort Myers to San Francisco in February with the return LHR to MIA the day after our cruise. Our flights are First Class and they are going to cost us $1900 approx per person.

Thanks, this is very valuable advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Today must be my lucky day - since June 21, the price I was quoted jumped about $150 and then came back down to the original price. So I booked. Paid less than 1/3 what I would have paid booking on my own, too, not too shabby.

Today must be my lucky day - since June 21, the price I was quoted jumped about $150 and then came back down to the original price. So I booked. Paid less than 1/3 what I would have paid booking on my own, too, not too shabby.

I am so happy that it worked out for you.

Not having to pay until final payment is great too.

I booked Cunard Air today for our one-way airfare to London next May. Leaving a week before our sailing, booked flex air.

The price: $285 per person nonstop from the east coast. I'm floored it's so cheap. It a happy floored!

I booked Cunard Air today for our one-way airfare to London next May. Leaving a week before our sailing, booked flex air.

The price: $285 per person nonstop from the east coast. I'm floored it's so cheap. It a happy floored!

it is amazing isn't it?

The regular cost for my flights, RSW-SFO and LHR to MIA, First class on AA to SFO and then "Upper Class" return to Miami would have been $8500 pp. We will be paying just under 2K pp.

I just checked my flights today and the price increased since I booked last month.

Enjoy the savings.

it is amazing isn't it?

The regular cost for my flights, RSW-SFO and LHR to MIA, First class on AA to SFO and then "Upper Class" return to Miami would have been $8500 pp. We will be paying just under 2K pp.

I just checked my flights today and the price increased since I booked last month.

Enjoy the savings.

What a steal you got as well. It was $1400 J and $700 premium economy which is very good but I can live with a 6.5 hour awful flight to save $1200 or whatever. Can't pass up ultra cheap airfare imo.

it is amazing isn't it?

Enjoy the savings.

Great price, I rang them to price for our QM2 trip next year Manchester to Vancouver in BA first class, they came back extra £4300pp, I can book it myself for £1650pp and that's not using a cheap return ticket, there's no price increase if we go castle class, maybe certain airlines give better discounts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a steal you got as well. It was $1400 J and $700 premium economy which is very good but I can live with a 6.5 hour awful flight to save $1200 or whatever. Can't pass up ultra cheap airfare imo.

We are on the QE World Cruise. We were going to take the QM2 back (I believe that you are on that one) but thought that perhaps being away for over 95 days was going to be long enough. Plus we needed to luggage space that First Class gives. (I know that the extra baggage cost would be much less, but we are at a point in our lives that if we do not spend it, our kids will spend it on something that would result in our spinning in our graves.:) )

We are on the QE World Cruise. We were going to take the QM2 back (I believe that you are on that one) but thought that perhaps being away for over 95 days was going to be long enough. Plus we needed to luggage space that First Class gives. (I know that the extra baggage cost would be much less, but we are at a point in our lives that if we do not spend it, our kids will spend it on something that would result in our spinning in our graves.:) )

:)

What's another 7 days if you've been gone 95?!