Princess Grill Offering Much better than Last year

resistk

Was on the July 21 west bound crossing and the Princess Grill menu was really head and shoulders above last year. We did two crossings post re-fit last Summer 2016 and I have to say it was dismal, especially the east bound. This year PG is top notch. The menu has new items I have never seen before including some very very elaborate deserts (none of those wierd pyramids of mush). There was a a whole half chicken prepered table side just like a duck for example and plenty of really excellent lamb and beef dishes. The portions were huge compared to previous times. Service as always was excellent. I hope this is the norm as I have booked for next year and not the left overs from the private Cherbourg charter! Only bad item was the lobster tail, very salty and old IMO.

Was on the July 21 west bound crossing and the Princess Grill menu was really head and shoulders above last year. We did two crossings post re-fit last Summer 2016 and I have to say it was dismal, especially the east bound. This year PG is top notch. The menu has new items I have never seen before including some very very elaborate deserts (none of those wierd pyramids of mush). There was a a whole half chicken prepered table side just like a duck for example and plenty of really excellent lamb and beef dishes. The portions were huge compared to previous times. Service as always was excellent. I hope this is the norm as I have booked for next year and not the left overs from the private Cherbourg charter! Only bad item was the lobster tail, very salty and old IMO.

Excellent news.

It's some time since I've travelled Princess Grill and was always more than satisfied with the fare on offer.

This is really encouraging to hear. Do you happen to have photos or copies of the menus? What was the a la carte like? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In addition to the Daily offering which was similar but differed somewhat from the Britannia menu, one could order ducks, chateuabriand, and rack of lamb for tableside service in advance, also escargot, shrimp cocktail, ceasar salad also there was a salmon dish, beef dish, and chcicken breast always available. This is pared down from 2 years ago but I think acceptable as the daily menu seems to have been upgraded. Looked like crepes and cherries jubilee were also available off menu by speial request as were a few other items that could be obtained apparently from the QG. The attitude was one of of total accomodation if it was within their ability. Given the prices, seems right to me. The only really bad item this time was the lobster - salty and old.

Did you notice the vegetarian offerings?

There were usually one sometimes two. For example, vegetarian Singapore noodles, eggplant and zuchinni based dishes, and maybe mushroom dishes. I don't remember if they offered tofu but it was likely. The preparations offered were elaborate so you won't be disappointed.

In addition to the Daily offering which was similar but differed somewhat from the Britannia menu, one could order ducks, chateuabriand, and rack of lamb for tableside service in advance, also escargot, shrimp cocktail, ceasar salad also there was a salmon dish, beef dish, and chcicken breast always available. This is pared down from 2 years ago but I think acceptable as the daily menu seems to have been upgraded. Looked like crepes and cherries jubilee were also available off menu by speial request as were a few other items that could be obtained apparently from the QG. The attitude was one of of total accomodation if it was within their ability. Given the prices, seems right to me. The only really bad item this time was the lobster - salty and old.

Thanks. That's good to hear!

There were usually one sometimes two. For example, vegetarian Singapore noodles, eggplant and zuchinni based dishes, and maybe mushroom dishes. I don't remember if they offered tofu but it was likely. The preparations offered were elaborate so you won't be disappointed.

Thank you. I'm not booked in PG but perhaps in future we might.

Hi,so thats why there are a few bad reviews in steerage lately,you guys are getting it all.When I sail on the QE next year,just throw the dodgy lobsters over the side and I'll catch them on my club balcony,lol,cheers,Brian.

Hi,so thats why there are a few bad reviews in steerage lately,you guys are getting it all.When I sail on the QE next year,just throw the dodgy lobsters over the side and I'll catch them on my club balcony,lol,cheers,Brian.

What an odd comment - passengers pay a lot for the Grills and expect something in return. When we cruise in Britannia we expect a different product and level of service to what we get in PG or QG, commensurate with the price.

Of course all Cunarders should get good service and a good product, but begrudging those who pay much more for their cruise expecting something for that I cannot understand.

What an odd comment - passengers pay a lot for the Grills and expect something in return. When we cruise in Britannia we expect a different product and level of service to what we get in PG or QG, commensurate with the price.

Of course all Cunarders should get good service and a good product, but begrudging those who pay much more for their cruise expecting something for that I cannot understand.

Lighten up.I was having a laugh.

Hi Wolfie.

I agree with you: little different to the difference in flying 'Business' and 'Economy'.

Anyway, I found time to write a blog on dining in the Princess Grill...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/12/23/dining-with-a-princess/

On one occasion my wife did choose the Vegetarian option, a baked stuffed aubergine...

8408255232_974a06c93e_z.jpg

She thought it excellent.