Our Country Home - The Fifth Year!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:08 AM.
Maryland
134 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Originally posted by Trainman-2

I am going to have to get a longer cable to connect the Modem to Judith's computer by running it around the perimeter of the room.
Sir,

Have you considered a wireless router? Not sure if Ms. Judith's computer is configured for wireless networking, but that would allow some extra flexibility. Routers are fairly inexpensive (you wouldn't need Wireless AC...Wireless N would be plenty). They can also be password protected so only you can get on the network. You can also connect your smart phone(s) to the net when at your house.

Congrats on the new home. Your posts are a highlight of my day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wayne

Song of America - 1987
Nordic Empress - 1992
Monarch of the Seas - 1993
Song of America - 1994
Celebrity Millennium - 2001
Grandeur of the Seas - 2006
Mariner of the Seas - 2008
Enchantment of the Seas - 2012
Adventure of the Seas - 2014
Allure of the Seas - 2015
Adventure of the Seas - 2017
Freedom of the Seas - 2019
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,234 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
The new "Gen 5" Hughes.Net Modem has a built in wireless router and I have a few of my own that have been replaced by the "Gen 5" Modem.

I had a long talk with the Hughes Tech and his recommendation was to hard wire the the two main PC's to the modem. The Notebook and all of the other devises log in via WiFi.

So Far, So Good!
887 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Originally posted by Trainman-2
The new "Gen 5" Hughes.Net Modem has a built in wireless router and I have a few of my own that have been replaced by the "Gen 5" Modem.

I had a long talk with the Hughes Tech and his recommendation was to hard wire the the two main PC's to the modem. The Notebook and all of the other devises log in via WiFi.

So Far, So Good!

What kind of speed do you get from Hughes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums