Drury Inn

Granny1

Thanks Nadersmom,

I appreciate the feedback as looking at all the hotels and the reviews, it can get really confusing especially when you don't know the area at all..Don't really care to spend the night in the French Quarter with the prices they have but wanted a clean safe hotel near that wasn't going to cost a arm and a leg..LOL

Thanks again.:)

Thanks Nadersmom,

I appreciate the feedback as looking at all the hotels and the reviews, it can get really confusing especially when you don't know the area at all..Don't really care to spend the night in the French Quarter with the prices they have but wanted a clean safe hotel near that wasn't going to cost a arm and a leg..LOL

Thanks again.:)

You are very welcome. We enjoyed the Drury very much. It's close enough to the French Qtr that you can walk there (maybe 10 minutes tops), but far enough away that you don't have the noise and all of the people wandering about all night.

We found it to be very safe, very clean, and affordable. The service was wonderful both times. Once, as we were returning from the Fr. Qtr. in the middle of the afternoon, it started downpouring half way back. I mean it was really raining. As we walked up to the side door/valet area, the gentleman at the valet booth saw us, ran inside and came back out with towels for us. 5:00 "Kickback" is a nice touch as well.

Its also right by a stop for the St. Charles streetcar. We never got a chance to ride the streetcar down St. Charles. We only used the Riverwalk and the Canal St. ones. But I would have loved to go down St. Charles to look at the houses.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by Nadersmom

We have stayed at Drury Inn and loved it. We want to stay there again this year. Does anyone have a promo code for booking with a discount? I dont remember the $25 parking, maybe that is new.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Anymore recent comments on this article place?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We normally stay here 2 or 3 times a year. Nice hotel with large buffet breakfast and snacks and drinks on weekday nights.

Easy access to the French Quarter and a short cab ride to the port. It's on the St Charles Street Car line.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately it's valet parking only. And now its $30 plus tax. That said, its still one of the best properties and we always stay there. 5:30 kickback and breakfast buffets take the sting out of the parking charge.

Unfortunately it's valet parking only. And now its $30 plus tax. That said, its still one of the best properties and we always stay there. 5:30 kickback and breakfast buffets take the sting out of the parking charge.

Pretty much every hotel down there is valet only now...and $30 is on the low end. Many of them are $40-50 now.