Has anyone had changes in GTY cabin after it is assigned?

Cruiser9384759

We booked a GTY cabin for this weekend about 8 months ago and received our cabin assignment about 6 months ago. I received a call from NCL this week - I was initially excited thinking it was an upsell. But it was actually NCL calling to ask me if I would be in agreement to switch cabins. It turns out we are two people and the cabin we were assigned to was for three. The NCL rep told me that she had a family of 3 really wanting a balcony and only a balcony for two was left. She asked if I'd be willing to switch. As much as I liked our assigned cabin, we agreed to switch - our good deed for the day(Hope we made someone's day!) I have to admit I was surprised NCL called and asked - as we were in a GTY. I always thought we could be switched again at any time - interesting that they first wanted our permission.

We have been switched many times when booking a gty. but mostly with Princess. With NCL we have learned to book the room that we will be satisfied with and if an upgrade does come then we can decide whether or not we want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the comments! So after a couple weeks of being assigned our cabin# most foward most lowest level,and no change to the edocs before we printed,we just upgraded through our agent to an outside GTY for only 45.00 pp!!!! Now we are obstructed view outside no matter where that is we are ok with it....though next step a balcony...just saying lol

About 2 weeks we have be able to print our docs, maybe the came avail because they assigned our cabin?, though now they are still printable but say GTY now so Ill wail to print,no need to have floating around the house

How long have you been able to access your edocs? We are also sailing on Thanksgiving on the Dawn. We also booked GTY (balcony) and haven't been able to get edocs yet. Thinking I should contact TA.

Update...since we upgraded our e-docs are now back to pending, I like this much better than knowing what cabin till we get there:)

Thanks everyone for the comments! So after a couple weeks of being assigned our cabin# most foward most lowest level,and no change to the edocs before we printed,we just upgraded through our agent to an outside GTY for only 45.00 pp!!!! Now we are obstructed view outside no matter where that is we are ok with it....though next step a balcony...just saying lol

Archived