Little French Key - 3 Ships in Port - Go or Avoid

bocajag

We will be in Rotan next week and had our hearts set on LFK. We are sailing on RCCL Visions of the Seas. I found out that the Carnival Glory & Sunshine will also be in port (2 & 3 hours BEFORE we dock). My concern is that it will be overcrowded. Has anyone been on LFK with 3 ships in port? Would you advise to take a pass or go? Thanks

I can't opine on LFK with 3 ships in port, but I will say that Carnival does run ship excursions there and to Maya Key and to Tabayana. So those places may be crowded as well, although I'd venture 20-30% of Carnival's passengers head for Mahogany Bay's beach. Maybe look on this board for more information on Parrot Tree Plantation or other resorts not on West Bay/West End.

Might anyone know if there are lockers in the rest rooms?

I am worried the humidity is going to be off the charts next week; is there any building with ac?

Can we bring are own water bottles or how much are they charging for water?

Hi Bocajag I will also be on Vision next week as well! Please come over to our Roll Call and say hi if you would like to do so, if you haven't already!

We will be in Rotan next week and had our hearts set on LFK. We are sailing on RCCL Visions of the Seas. I found out that the Carnival Glory & Sunshine will also be in port (2 & 3 hours BEFORE we dock). My concern is that it will be overcrowded. Has anyone been on LFK with 3 ships in port? Would you advise to take a pass or go? Thanks

You have to remember, to most people LFK is not well known. It's a fairly new excursion to Carnival (and is supposed to be ending some time in October according the the owner of LFK), so there's probably not many reviews of the place on the Carnival website (I don't know for sure, I haven't checked). But...there are tons of places to go in port and not everyone is going to head to the same place. So, it's not like all 3 cruise ships will be at the same place. ;) We absolutely LOVED LFK and think it's a little slice of heaven on earth (or on island) :D and would go again in a heartbeat...even if the only place to sit was in the soft sand in the ocean. :p