I'm in need of a park & cruise hotel...

CRU1Z1N

yes I would prefer free parking while on our cruise. :) However I want a place that's safe. Anything less than the $16 per night at the cruise port would be nice. Would like to be close to the French Quarter & cruise port.

Suggestions??

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OP, I know you have sailed already but for anyone else that might open this thread looking for a hotel, I will recommend the Best Western Westbank in Harvey, which is where we stayed last week. The location was nice and safe. There is a CVS literally next door, within walking distance, for last minute items. The courtyard area by the pool was gorgeous. As far as transportation to the port, the hotel paid for a taxi to the port and then you had to pay for your own taxi back. The return was less than $20 before tip, so it was not too bad. The rooms were nice and modern looking and even though it was motel style (i.e. the doors open to the outside), they opened into a courtyard type of area, around the pool. It reminded me of a resort. In prior years we had stayed at Quality Inn in Gretna and it had gone downhill so much, that it was not worth it. So we decided to try somewhere new and were happy with this place.

Check out the Prytania Park or Prytania Oaks on Prytania St. in the Garden District, they advertise free parking. Good reviews for the hotels, location and for safety of area. We are flying to NOLA but the reviewers all said the parking was free, good and safe. Good luck.