The mystique of New Orleans still has me....

misguidedangel

Ok, so the first trip to New Orleans was September 2013, and I knew I had to go back. That was a given and planned to cruise on the Dream in September 2014, but that time we stayed two extra nights after the cruise and instead of one. The only down side is that the convent, and several other historic homes/museums close during September--supposedly it is slow....SLOW, they should have seen Bourbon Street the Saturday before the football game..

I can live with the places I would like to see closed, but I need to go back again. I don't know what it is, but that walk I took from one end to the other, weaving between Royal and Chartres, made me not want to leave. That only meant one thing--screw a new ship, NOLa wants me to come back again....So, So, I'll go back on the Dream and see ports I have seen far to many times, but I'll be thrilled to spend my birthday in NOLa....

Is it just me, or has anyone else fallen in love with New Orleans and can't get that place out of their system too?

We live 3.5hrs away and NOLA has a mysterious draw. We've seen it before/during and after Katrina and the city still calls us. It is very diverse between the FQ and Garden District to plantation homes on the Miss River. Most people think of the city for Mardi Gras and Bourbon St but there is much more. Some people either love it or hate it. All depends. You have to give it more than one visit. Hop on a street car and enjoy the many flavors.

I totally agree.....I checked out the Garden District and St. Charles street car, went all the way up to the Haunted Mortuary and walked through the Jewish cemetery, and went on a swamp tour to Honey Island Swamp. Next cruise, or maybe even a week in NOLa and no cruise, I have to go back to Garden District and do the plantation tour.

I wish I lived closer, but no, It's a eight to nine hour journey in airports and connecting flights.....

Is it just me, or has anyone else fallen in love with New Orleans and can't get that place out of their system too?

HAHA... yes. Been there done that. First trip to New Orleans was in 2010, now planning our 4th visit. If hubby was enchanted the way I am, we'd probably go more often.... but he doesn't 'feel' NOLA the way I do.... so every now and then I have to go someplace else. :rolleyes:

I hear ya there!!!! I only wish I made more money so I could go for a quick four or five day trip every year and then a cruise later in the year out of another port....

There is so much to see and do, and I won't even mention the festivals.....I got to make it there for Mardi Gras one year, but seeing as I am low-level, scum sucking, lower than the lowest of the lows, admin staff, I'll never make enough to do what I want.

It's not just you! When we moved here 15 years ago I had no expectations. I'd been here for the world's fair, but that was fast and furious. After we'd lived here about 6 months I told my husband that I wasn't leaving. If he got transferred again I wasn't going. New Orleans sucks you in!!

I have many friends for many different places who visit often - and I love it!!

My first time was in New Orleans was last December for a cruise on the Carnival Sunshine. I went back in April and I am going back again this December for another cruise on the Dream.

I just LOVE this city. I instantly fell in love with it. The atmosphere and vibe of the people....everyone is so friendly. It is a great people watching city. I am currently looking up airfare to come to New Orleans for Mardi Gras in February. I have always wanted to see a Mardi Gras Parade and I figure there is no time like the present :)

There must be something in the water!!!

I have real estate sites I look at for places in New Orleans to buy. Naturally, I need to win the lottery first, but if I win enough to swing the cost of a modest condo, I'd so be there as often as I can and allowing friends to use the place when they get the itch......Now, if I could, I would spend seven figures and buy a sweet place and be there whenever I can....

There must be something in the water!!!

I have real estate sites I look at for places in New Orleans to buy. Naturally, I need to win the lottery first, but if I win enough to swing the cost of a modest condo, I'd so be there as often as I can and allowing friends to use the place when they get the itch......Now, if I could, I would spend seven figures and buy a sweet place and be there whenever I can....

Can we be friends?? [emoji6][emoji2][emoji6][emoji2]