Quality Inn & Suites

granmaj

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grammaj--when are you in New Orleans? We are at the quality inn in February. If you are after us I will post info here. If you are prior to us, would you do likewise. Guess not too many cruisers staying here! Laurie

we just booked here for february 2015. Any info re hotel, area, places to eat nearby would be so appreciated!

I had to google map it, but it appears this hotel is only a block or two from Canal Street, which is the 'western' border of the French Quarter.

Once in the French Quarter, the options are almost unlimited for restaurants, shops, bars, historical properties.... Café du Monde, Jackson Square, Bourbon Street.... there are a million things to see & do in the French Quarter.

It looks like Bourbon Street should be about a 10 minute walk from your hotel. Within 3 blocks or so from there, you'll find Red Fish Grill, Felix's, Mr. B's, ACME, Bourbon House..... too many to list.

• 3 months later...

Grammaj - we enjoyed the location of quality inn and suites. Everything was within walking distance, including street cars. The hotel is older, but perfectly fine for us. We were upgraded to a queen suite which gave us a separate sitting room. Nice to have the frig and coffee pot. Didn't use microwave. The breakfast was good with several selections. The outstanding staff make all the difference! They maped out whatever we wanted to see and suggested many close and inexpensive and delicious restaurants. I think you will be happy there. Enjoy your trip! Laurie

Thanks Lauie for letting me know about the hotel. It sounds fine for us. I hope you had a great time on your vacation. Take care and again thank you for getting back to me so soon after you got back.

• 1 month later...
Grammaj - we enjoyed the location of quality inn and suites. Everything was within walking distance, including street cars. The hotel is older, but perfectly fine for us. We were upgraded to a queen suite which gave us a separate sitting room. Nice to have the frig and coffee pot. Didn't use microwave. The breakfast was good with several selections. The outstanding staff make all the difference! They maped out whatever we wanted to see and suggested many close and inexpensive and delicious restaurants. I think you will be happy there. Enjoy your trip! Laurie

What was your nightly rate? Your queen suite, was it one queen or two?

Thanks! We are not traveling for quite a while, but compiling all the needed research.

;)

• 3 months later...