Railway tour and sail

ERLEC

Is it worth doing the Railway tour in St-Kitts? It will be the first time for me visiting St-Kitts in January.

The Railway and Sail combine the train tour and a catamaran cruise after. It's pretty expensive with Celebrity (150$ p/p). Wondering if it's worth the price paid.

I have read lots of great comments about both the tour and the catamaran sail (includes rum drinks).

The Railway itself is pretty nice; I cannot tell you about the Catamaran.

If you have the option rail-only; the railway itself should be around 100 US, so the catamaran part is another 50 bucks...I read in another post,

that some cruise lines will only offer the "Rail-and-Sail"-Tour....

...so if you think it's worth paying 50 bucks for the sailing than do it

Any idea what is the price of the railway tour with independent companies? It's 100$/pp with Celebrity...

As I know it, you cannot book the scenic railway independently if a ship is in port; so if you're on a cruise it's only possible with the 100 US trough

Celebrity.

That answers my question. I'll probably drop the catamaran sail and take only the railway tour from Celebrity.

Good decision, as you will get also a little bit out of the crowds and

if you have a good bus driver for the way back, then you get some interesting information on that part as well.

I did the railway and catamaran tour with Princess in January. I really enjoyed it. You have to get back to the ship someway and the catamaran in my opinion was a good option. We had drinks on the train and food and drinks on the catamaran. It is expensive.

• 1 month later...
I did the railway and catamaran tour with Princess in January. I really enjoyed it. You have to get back to the ship someway and the catamaran in my opinion was a good option. We had drinks on the train and food and drinks on the catamaran. It is expensive.

I am curious how much it was with Princess? We are sailing on RCCL in April and looking at this but it is $150 pp which I think is really expensive.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We did the rail and sail in September with our 3 year old son. He loved it. There is so much to see. You get a great overview of the island. There is tons to see. The drinks were great and the staff was always ready to get you more.

Edited by slim501