Allianz Annual Policy

klfrodo

This is a copy and paste from the General Exclusions portion of the Allianz Annual Policy.

https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/find-a-plan/products/annual-deluxe-plan.htm

Not sure what is covered after reading this.

In addition to any other exclusions that may apply to a particular benefit, no coverage is provided for any loss that results directly or indirectly from any of the following unless as specifically included: all extreme, high risk sports including but not limited to: bodily contact sports; skydiving; hang gliding, bungee jumping, parachuting; mountain climbing or any other high altitude activities, caving, heli-skiing, extreme skiing, or any skiing outside marked trails; existing medical conditions; intentional self-harm, suicide or attempted suicide; pregnancy (unless unforeseen complications or problems), fertility treatments, childbirth or elective abortion; mental or nervous health disorders, (like anxiety, depression, neurosis or psychosis); use or abuse of alcohol or drugs, or related physical complications; war (declared or undeclared), acts of war, military duty, civil disorder or unrest; participation in or training for any professional or amateur sporting competition; flying or learning to fly an aircraft as pilot or crew; nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination; natural disasters; epidemic or pandemic; air, water or other pollution or threat of pollutant release; unlawful acts; expected or reasonably foreseeable events or problems; financial default of a travel supplier; terrorist events; travel bulletins or alerts; and government prohibition or regulations.

One thing I've always wondered about the civil disorder thing. What if I'm walking around and a riot breaks out and I get caught in it (not participating, just trying to get out of the way) and get injured. Am I up a creek?

Sent from my iPad using Forums