Well this is a new one for Southwest web site.

hillbilly73

Southwest calendar is updated to March 7th, the banner that shows flight schedules is updated to the 7th even shows when in July the next release is. The only thing missing is the schedules themselves. Never seen that before with them. Don't they have fairly new computer system they went to?

Just came up.

Al

Edited by hillbilly73

I just checked the SW website, and experienced sticker shock. $253-$257 each way...yikes! I didn't book. Going to wait to see if fares go down. Will check every time I get a sale notice from SW. If fares stay this high, I'll probably have to cancel my Mexican cruise.

I just bought an airline ticket to Europe for this fall, and paid $876 for it. Just can't justify paying nearly $600 to fly to San Diego.

Roz

I just checked the SW website, and experienced sticker shock. $253-$257 each way...yikes! I didn't book. Going to wait to see if fares go down. Will check every time I get a sale notice from SW. If fares stay this high, I'll probably have to cancel my Mexican cruise.

Were you waiting for WN to release their schedules? Do you still believe that WN always has the cheapest prices? Were you looking at other carriers before this - and what were their prices at the time you looked?

Were you waiting for WN to release their schedules? Do you still believe that WN always has the cheapest prices? Were you looking at other carriers before this - and what were their prices at the time you looked?

While I've never flown WN I do check their prices along with all the other airlines. I don't think I've ever found them to have the cheapest fares. Lately they even seem to have some of the highest I'm seeing.

Southwest is the main game in town in Nashville. Their fares and schedules are usually better than other carriers, especially when you add in checked bag fees. I checked other carriers, but when you add in the bag fees, their fares are about the same as SW, and their schedules are abysmal. They drag you all over the country, and you end up spending 8-11 hours to get to the West Coast.

Roz

Southwest is the main game in town in Nashville. Their fares and schedules are usually better than other carriers, especially when you add in checked bag fees. I checked other carriers, but when you add in the bag fees, their fares are about the same as SW, and their schedules are abysmal. They drag you all over the country, and you end up spending 8-11 hours to get to the West Coast.

What are your travel dates?

Not sure what you mean by "they drag you all over the country." I see a lot of one-stop options on other airlines to get from BNA to SAN.

Boston, Atlanta, 4 hr. layovers in Dallas, etc. That's what I mean by going all over the country. Yes, there are one stop options, but most have long layovers and are the same price as SW.

My travel dates are Feb. 2, 2018 and return on Feb. 11.

Roz

Southwest calendar is updated to March 7th, the banner that shows flight schedules is updated to the 7th even shows when in July the next release is. The only thing missing is the schedules themselves. Never seen that before with them. Don't they have fairly new computer system they went to?

Just came up.

Al

I noticed that too. I always book right when the schedule opens because that is usually the cheapest rate. I work the midnight shift so was able to watch the Southwest site overnight. It varies but generally the new flight schedules are synched up by 06:15 AM eastern. This time around the new schedules became available around 6 AM but did not sync up so you could book until around 08:15 AM.

All is well. I got a great rate for my February cruise out of New Orleans, which can be a pricey flight from Pittsburgh :D