Pre-Booking Tours: for May-August 2017 voyages

BBMacLaird

I don't have any idea what other restrictions might be. Right now there are none that I know of.

Of course, there may be some new tour program under development, that perhaps wouldn't combine, but I am unaware.

We will have to 'wait & see' together.

Thanks again Bonnie.

I believe I have found one of those restrictions / conditions in tiny print *Cancellations made onboard will be refunded in US dollars on the payment page after making payment . . . an unpleasant surprise to say the least to find that having paid in AU$$$ the refund to the credit card will be made in US$$ which will be made on the exchange rate of the day . . . and attract a 3% charge to convert to the currency of the card, which is AU$.

I have gone through the whole process up to the point of payment again this morning and there is not one mention of the above until after payment has been made. Needless to say, I will not be using the service to pre-book, cancel and re-book again until I am able to use the onboard credit to pre-book.

We expected that any purchase made on a credit card should and would be refunded in the same currency as that with which the purchase was made. This has been the case in the past when we have had to cancel a cruise for which we have paid the deposit in AU$$$$.

In fact, the following from the terms & conditions of the pre-booking document indicates that the refund for the pre-booked shore excursion being cancelled would be refunded in the currency with which it was purchased . . . refund in full.

"In the event, however, of the Shore Excursion(s) having to be canceled in accordance with Clause 2 hereof or for any other reason, Azamara will refund in full the monies paid and upon tendering such refund to passengers, Azamara shall be free of all liability in respect thereof."

Edited by Baynanno1
additional information

Bonnie

Ok. I have read this whole thread. Not sure I understand it all but have a general idea. Our cruise is Sept 4 on Journey. I have OBC from TA and OBC from shareholders credit. Can I prebook tours online with the OBC paying for the tours or do I still have to wait until I am onboard??

Interested to see what happens after August. My gut instinct is to wait until we are on board. I have a sinking feeling my OBC won't be credited if I prebook on line.

Thanks

Sue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, you can't make reservations until you get onboard. Last cruise we were on there was a reservations desk for speciality dining and dining packages set up in Discoveries bar when we boarded. If you go there first you should be able to get reservations sorted quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, once again!

If I want to pre-book excursions now, online, and then use my OBC once on board to pay for them, can I do so now for a Feb. 2018 cruise?

No it's only for cruises up to September after when they hope to have a new IT solution which will allow the OBC to be used directly rather than pay by card and switch onboard. As your trip is a year or so away you should be fine

We have a trip planned for September. How will bookings be handled starting September 1st? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm wondering too about an Oct cruise where I've already booked 2 tours. I'm not seeing my OBC credit right now, but my TA usually includes some and we spend little onboard, last time, I had to buy photography equipment to use the credit. I'm wondering if when the "system" accepts OBC for pre booking of shore excursions, if I'll have to cancel the ones I booked with my CC online and re book on line using my OBC. I'll wait and see once the new system is rolled out. I'll also check with my TA to see what credit I have.

Question for Bonnie . . .

Any idea when the website might be updated to reflect the several changes notified by email today for the 29 May cruise on Quest.

Correct information and updated shore excursion brochure would be helpful just 2 weeks away from sailing date.

Thanks in anticipation.

Trish

Any idea when the website might be updated to reflect the several changes notified by email today for the 29 May cruise on Quest.

Correct information and updated shore excursion brochure would be helpful just 2 weeks away from sailing date.

Thanks in anticipation.

Trish

I'm expecting the changes by Monday, or sooner.

Thanks in anticipation.

Trish

The itinerary changes for this voyage are now up to date on our website.

The online shore excursion brochure should be updated by Monday.

• 1 month later...

Ok, starting today we WILL allow those booked on one of our SEPTEMBER 2017 voyages to now use the 'OBC work-around' to pre-book tours!

I'm also told the permanent fix is on track...but I made the case for you that our Fall guests are anxious to set up their tours. There is no word on voyages beyond September. When/if I hear something, I'll let you know.

Bonnie,

What is the fix date scheduled to be? We are on the Quest in October and have just made our final payment. As most of our OBC is for land discoveries only, we would like to be able to book excursions.Sorry to say this is not a great first impression of Azamara for us.

Jane

Ok, starting today we WILL allow those booked on one of our SEPTEMBER 2017 voyages to now use the 'OBC work-around' to pre-book tours!

I'm also told the permanent fix is on track...but I made the case for you that our Fall guests are anxious to set up their tours. There is no word on voyages beyond September. When/if I hear something, I'll let you know.

Bonnie,

We have OBC from travel agent and share holder benefit. Will this be applied before hand so we can prebook excursions or will we still have to wait until on ship when it will post to onboard account at start of cruise??

Thanks

Sue

Bonnie,

What is the fix date scheduled to be? We are on the Quest in October and have just made our final payment. As most of our OBC is for land discoveries only, we would like to be able to book excursions.Sorry to say this is not a great first impression of Azamara for us.

Jane

As I wrote in Post#1 of this thread....Fall 2017 is the due date.

Bonnie,

We have OBC from travel agent and share holder benefit. Will this be applied before hand so we can prebook excursions or will we still have to wait until on ship when it will post to onboard account at start of cruise??

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue, if you have OBC it should be on your account. I do not have access to the reservation system so you'll have to ask your TA to confirm for you.

But that said, as long as the OBC is in your account when you go to our Land Discovery Desk onboard, you'll be fine.