Not impressed with Thomson UK

I've spent the last few hours trying to cancel a cruise I'd booked with my mum because she's had a stroke. I got passed from pillar to post speaking to three different people at various times and being advised to email, or phone a different department. Thank goodness our travel insurance companies were more sympathetic and organised. Luckily my mum has recovered, even though she's been advised not to travel. I pity anybody who needs to cancel for a worse reason

Incidentally, we had to give up an aft junior suite on Discovery 2 sailing from Malaga on 25th June if anybody wants to grab it

I sympathize with you.

The last thing you want following a traumatic experience is dealing with incompetence.

Thomson customer service is sadly lacking, probably because of insufficient training.

We had a similar health cancellation with P&O but they were very good, and, like you, our insurance company was excellent and understanding.

After a recent discussion with Thomson on an unrelated subject I have little confidence in them.

I hope your mum continues to recover.

That is bad - confirms many of our collective opinions on Thomsons customer service, or rather the lack of.

My experience is that you either get somebody who is knowledgabe and helpful, or the complete opposite, the latter very much the majority, and as about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

This is were booking with Travel Agent comes too the fore, they sort it for you - would always use TA when possible

I agree....but I'm too cheapskate to pay the £25 administration fee they wanted😀

I agree....but I'm too cheapskate to pay the £25 administration fee they wanted😀

I didn't pay an admin fee with my TA and the price was around £50 cheaper than booking direct :D

• 4 weeks later...

Customer non service

incident on plane(red wine spilled over me) 19th april

offered £50 compensation,accepted and received confirmation by email 19thapril to be paid within 28 days.

It is now nearly 60 days and despite after 6 emails,each one stating it will be paid within 28 days and 3 telephone calls again saying they will sort it out once they have received a copy of their original email(they say they have lost original)this done on 3 occasions with reply they will contact me within 28 days

last phone call,after waiting 47 minutes,i was promissed payment,yes you have guessed it "within 28 days"

how can you call this customer service?

• 4 weeks later...

Now 87 days

17 emails,7 with reply "pay within 28 days

7 phone calls "3 cut off and 4 with promises of payment"

Spoken to SS manager NKOSINACHI NDLAZI with promise

of payment

Still nothing

How can this be called CUSTOMER SERVICE

Has anyone escalated a complaint to the CEO because of the bad service?

I have just written to Customer Services to help me sought out the intricacies of two cruises I have booked which are consecutive but not recognized as back to back, hence we'll be a no show on 2 flights. I just wanted to know if they could link the bookings, and who I should contact about the flights.

They're reply was so negative it was a dismissive insult. There was no element of customer service whatsoever.

So I want to bring it to the attention of senior personnel.

I emailed Helen Caron and received a courteous reply saying that it appears that customer service had failed to meet the expected level.

I have since had phone calls from customer services seeking to address my concerns.

So I am satisfied with the response to date.

Different experience for me and I am sorry that the OP had such a hassle. It is not a nice thing to have to do. Had to cancel our holiday yesterday due to family illness. Called the 02034512682 number. Got answered within a couple of minutes. Cancellation carried out and confirmation email received within 10 minutes. I was expecting it to be much more complicated. So very pleased that it was straightforward Just got to see if travel insurance will cover us now.