TrentS - ? - if you don't mind!!

tbag124

Do you have any recommendations for a place to stay for 1 night on Dec. 3rd in the SE 17th Street area that would cost around $50? Is that even possible?! ;) From everything that I've read here, I know this is the area we would probably want to be. I understand these places are a little more expensive. Would there be anywhere maybe a little outside of this area that is still an acceptable place to stay, that we could walk to a restaurant and liquor store and still only be a short cab ride away from the Port/Airport? Thanks so so much!! You've provided me w/ such valuable info already!! :)

I know I probably sound so cheap, believe me, we are so not cheap people!! Normally, I would just pay $100+ for whatever hotel for one night, but this is our 2nd cruise this year, which we normally don't do but we planned this trip b/c our other "cheapish" vacation plans (staying in a family condo at the beach) fell thru and we just had to do something, i'm just looking to save as much money as I can. We only need somewhere clean to stay for 1 night. I'm not concerned about other amenities, other then the area the hotel is in. And if it's just worth it to suck it up and pay $100 for Amerisuites or whatever, we will do that. I would appreciate any info and opinions. Thanks!!

The cheapest place in the SE 17th Street area is normally AmeriSuites, but not if you book directly. It's cheapest through Priceline (2.5-star "downtown"), but even it seems to be going for more than $50 this winter. The rack rates at all of the hotels are way WAY up this winter. If you don't want to deal with Priceline you can try Valuetrips for AmeriSuites, it's $79 on there for a Saturday night... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Anything cheaper this winter is most likely going to be in a very nasty area, or the type of place with hourly rates and I don't think you'd enjoy that! :eek:

The cheapest place in the SE 17th Street area is normally AmeriSuites, but not if you book directly. It's cheapest through Priceline (2.5-star "downtown"), but even it seems to be going for more than $50 this winter. The rack rates at all of the hotels are way WAY up this winter. If you don't want to deal with Priceline you can try Valuetrips for AmeriSuites, it's $79 on there for a Saturday night... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Anything cheaper this winter is most likely going to be in a very nasty area, or the type of place with hourly rates and I don't think you'd enjoy that! :eek:

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate your advice and help!! Is Amerisuites the one w/ the cocktail hour everyone talks about here!? ;)

Hahaha, LOL, no, no hourly rates for us!! ;) We might be trying to save a little bit here and there on this trip, but things aren't that bad!! Thanks! :)

Actually I think Embassy Suites is the one with the cocktail hour in their atrium. It's only a block away from AmeriSuites so I guess you could walk over and buy a drink, but if you wanted to stay there it would be quite a bit more expensive.

Embassy Suites... http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=FLLSOES

Actually I think Embassy Suites is the one with the cocktail hour in their atrium. It's only a block away from AmeriSuites so I guess you could walk over and buy a drink, but if you wanted to stay there it would be quite a bit more expensive.

Embassy Suites... http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=FLLSOES

Thanks!! :) Cocktail hour's not a necessity....we'll make our own happy hour wherever we go!

If I can ask you one more (hopefully last! :) ) question, could you please tell me again, what's right near AmeriSuites that we can walk to? I really just want to be near a "pretty good" restuarant and a liquor store to stock up. Thanks!! :)

There's a Del-Rio Tex-Mex restaurant and an Outback Steakhouse in AmeriSuites parking lot. There's a new large strip mall with a gorgeous new Publix grocery store a block to the east. Publix have beer & wine. There's a Crown Wine & Spirits a block north and a block east - across from Embassy Suites, behind the Chevron Station. There's a Chuck's Steakhouse a block north on SE 17th Street, an Irish Pub next to that, and literally at least a dozen others within a couple of blocks. There's something for everyone within an easy walk, all types of food. It's the best area to be in if you don't have a rental car as everything you could possibly want is within a 3 to 4 block area.

There's a Del-Rio Tex-Mex restaurant and an Outback Steakhouse in AmeriSuites parking lot. There's a new large strip mall with a gorgeous new Publix grocery store a block to the east. Publix have beer & wine. There's a Crown Wine & Spirits a block north and a block east - across from Embassy Suites, behind the Chevron Station. There's a Chuck's Steakhouse a block north on SE 17th Street, an Irish Pub next to that, and literally at least a dozen others within a couple of blocks. There's something for everyone within an easy walk, all types of food. It's the best area to be in if you don't have a rental car as everything you could possibly want is within a 3 to 4 block area.

Sounds great!!! Perfect!! THANKS So Much!!! :)

Trent my friend, you are such a great person...and I mean that sincerely:)

I truely appreciate all of the help! I dont know how I would've planned this cruise so quickly and so throughly w/o all of it!! Thanks again for all you've shared w/ us on the boards!! I know it's going to be a great stay in FLL (thanks to TrentS) and a great cruise!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just got AmeriSuites for $70 on Priceline for 12/3!! Since it usually goes for $50 (according to you guys!) and everyone has said it's more expensive this winter, I figured an extra $20 is really not bad at all!! I'm happy! Thanks to TrentS, I know we'll have everything we need right in walking distance!! :) And getting a good deal always makes me happy!! :) Thanks again all for all of your help, I am a 1st time Priceline bidder!! Thanks especially to you TrentS!! Really appreciate all of the info and advice!!

Archived