Make your own luggage tags

dontpanik

I saw a site that showed how to do them with the Shrinky Dinks for Inkjet paper. Has anyone done these? I wanted to make luggage tags for everyone in my party to keep as a souvenir after the cruise but was curious if they look OK.

I found the one Cavatelli was talking about. There's no way to post the link because it comes up under some java thing.

1. goto http://www.hallmark.com

2. click on the tab up top labelled ecards and photocards

3. click on the large e-card picture on the right

4. click on the "anytime cards" on the middle left

5. scroll down to the "goodbye & good Luck" section and you'll see a card that has a ship with Bon Voyage on it

6. Click on the card, watch it all the way through, and at the end there is the option to print luggage tags

It seems a lot more complicated than it is and the luggage tags look nice. I think I'll combine the two and print them on the Shrinky Dink paper at 300% size so they shrink back to normal. they look so nice.

Thanks, I found it this time. These are really cute & I do like the idea of the shrinky dinks! I wanted some of the inkjet paper to make photo bracelets that I had seen on TV & had a hard time finding the right thing, but finally happened upon some last week! Perfect timing. That would be a good idea for a group to help find all the luggage.

I found the one Cavatelli was talking about. There's no way to post the link because it comes up under some java thing.

5. scroll down to the "goodbye & good Luck" section and you'll see a card that has a ship with Bon Voyage on it

6. Click on the card, watch it all the way through, and at the end there is the option to print luggage tags

It seems a lot more complicated than it is and the luggage tags look nice. I think I'll combine the two and print them on the Shrinky Dink paper at 300% size so they shrink back to normal. they look so nice.

Great idea. I didn't use my address or phone number, though, since I won't be there to answer the phone while I'm on the cruise :D I used my emergency contact, which would be my daughter's phone number. I also added the name of the ship, so I can use the tags on items I might be carrying with me on shore. I've heard stories of lost itmes being returned to the ship, and appearing in the right cabins.

Carole

Hello, I came across your posting and noticed that you are scheduled to sail on Sovereign of the Seas. Would you be able to help a fellow cruiser get a pewter magnet on board the ship? I will remit you payment plus your shipping costs. Email me back and I can attach sample photos from my collection. Thank you again. Van

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting the information about the luggage tags at Hallmark's website. I printed them out on photo paper so they are thicker than using just printer paper. They look pretty sharp! I used my husband's work address instead of our home address, for safety reasons. Now I just have to wait for our next cruise to use them!

Very cute! Thanks!!

Hello, I came across your posting and noticed that you are scheduled to sail on Sovereign of the Seas. Would you be able to help a fellow cruiser get a pewter magnet on board the ship? I will remit you payment plus your shipping costs. Email me back and I can attach sample photos from my collection. Thank you again. Van

Sorry, I just now read your post. I'd be glad to. my e-mail is dontpanik@hotmail.com. I'm also picking up a model ship for someone :D.

Hard to describe it exactly...its a thick translucent paper that you usually draw on or color in drawings. then you bake it and it shrinks down by about 2 thirds into a hard plastic. Usually its found in the childs' craft section of a hobby store. The inkjet kind it basically the same, but you print images out very lightl and at 300%. I have only found the shrinky dink for inkjet printer paper online, but there may be people who would know which stores in your area carry it.

• 3 weeks later...

I printed out the Hallmark luggage tags last night :) They're so cute :D

I laminated them for extra strength, but I think they're still a bit weak.

I'll print them again on some lightweight card and maybe double laminate for strength :D

They're awesome:D So much nicer than the standard ones you get with your luggage!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great link!

I too printed out our tags on matte photo paper and made sure to change my printer settings to a bit better quality and landscape orientation to make the tags bigger.

Did a set for me and a set for my DH

Cruising in 6 days....can't wait

Cathie in Ut

• 4 months later...

:)

I don't know about those. But by accident I found a Hallmark Free E-Card called Bon Voyage (www.hallmark.com, free e-cards, under Good Luck/Goodbye). At the end of the card you can make luggage tags. This is what I'm going to use for our upcoming cruise and I'll print some extras off to use for scrapbooking after.

Hey, I tried your hallmark card site and they are cute as a button-AND free, too. I printed up luggage tags and cabin number tags to scrapbook with. Again, thanks for the site. Judy:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived