Chefs Table AMAZING

MAMATAMA

Just off the DAWN… we did the Chefs table and it was AMAZING…. The food was exceptional and the service great…with one exception..lol…Wine and alcohol free flowing…..

Any questions will happily answer… Yes I will do again next year...

Just off the DAWN… we did the Chefs table and it was AMAZING…. The food was exceptional and the service great…with one exception..lol…Wine and alcohol free flowing…..

Any questions will happily answer… Yes I will do again next year...

I agree with you, it is amazing. We did it in 2012, 2013 and 2014.....

But be aware that so far they have not changed the menu for Chef's Table since they started - it is the same menu fleet wide, so chances are that you will have the same menu also at a later time...

Edited by TrumpyNor

I agree -- amazing. Have done it twice and enjoyed not only the meal but I was lucky enough to have great dining companions, too. Hoping the next time I can make it to the after-dinner cordials :D. Both times, I went straight to bed after the dessert course due to that free-flowing wine lol.

Tracy

Do they offer the Chef's Table on every ship? How do you sign up? What's the price?

I believe it is on every ship.

At the dining reservations desk - do it quickly - there are only 12 places per cruise (though I think they did it twice on my recent 14 day Jade cruise).

$99 each IIRC.

We are sailing on Dawn this Friday to Bermuda. Would like to participate in the Chefs Table. Where and when did you sign up for it? What was the "dress code"?

You can sign up near Guest Services where they take dining reservations.

Everyone dressed up; men wore jackets or nice shirts (some wore ties, others did not). Ladies wore nice dresses or dressy tops with slacks.

$99 each and we also gave our server $20 tip (as did most).

Tracy

Edited by TracyE

We are sailing on Dawn this Friday to Bermuda. Would like to participate in the Chefs Table. Where and when did you sign up for it? What was the "dress code"?

Like others have said before me, you can sign up at the restaurant reservations desk. But if you have concierge service (because you are in a suite or have Latitude Platinum status), you can also do it through the concierge. We have twice gotten a seat at CT through the concierge, even though the staff at the restaurant reservations desk said it was already sold out....

But since it is usually only room for 12 persons, they fill up pretty quickly, so you better reserve it as soon as you board the ship on embarkation day. And if the first one is already full, then ask them to put you on a waiting list for a second Chef's Table. On our last cruises they have had 2-3 of them because of the popularity.

We will be on the dawn in October for our anniversary - the chefs table would be a great way to celebrate. which night was it offered? What was the menu? We are platinum and in a suite, so hopefully getting a reservation won't be a problem.

Edited by asand5554

You can sign up near Guest Services where they take dining reservations.

Everyone dressed up; men wore jackets or nice shirts (some wore ties, others did not). Ladies wore nice dresses or dressy tops with slacks.

$99 each and we also gave our server $20 tip (as did most).

Tracy

I ran to Guest Services on Gem to book it for DDP and I + a fellow CCer who wasn't going to board the ship until late afternoon. Got there to find out that DDP had already booked it with the LeBistro hostess he passed. Apparently according to her, any host/hostess can book it!

We had a mix of dress, the two of us wore kahkis and collared linen shirts - our usual attire. We had one gentleman in a sports jacket and open shirt, one if a dress shirt with tie and one dressed similar to us. A few ladies had on dressy dresses or pants but at least one had on what appeared to be their daywear that they had worn on their excursion that day:rolleyes:

I didn't realize the price had gone up....not complaining since it is still a good value IMHO but I do wish they would change the menu.

We will be on the dawn in October for our anniversary - the chefs table would be a great way to celebrate. which night was it offered? What was the menu? We are platinum and in a suite, so hopefully getting a reservation won't be a problem.

Here is a photo collage of every dish that is served:

Chef_s_Table_dinner.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

I ran to Guest Services on Gem to book it for DDP and I + a fellow CCer who wasn't going to board the ship until late afternoon. Got there to find out that DDP had already booked it with the LeBistro hostess he passed. Apparently according to her, any host/hostess can book it!

We had a mix of dress, the two of us wore kahkis and collared linen shirts - our usual attire. We had one gentleman in a sports jacket and open shirt, one if a dress shirt with tie and one dressed similar to us. A few ladies had on dressy dresses or pants but at least one had on what appeared to be their daywear that they had worn on their excursion that day:rolleyes:

I didn't realize the price had gone up....not complaining since it is still a good value IMHO but I do wish they would change the menu.

May I ask what a DDP is? Thanks. :cool:

How do they handle allergies or if there's something a participant doesn't eat, such as veal?

Thanks.

A friend of mine is a vegetarian and they made some other vegetarian courses for him. He said it was amazing. They asked when we booked it if there were any allergies or changes that needed to be made.

we had 14 people, we booked through concierge. It was held on Tuesday evening the day we left Bermuda at 6p.

Dress carried, my group wore collared shirts and were fine. Some women very dressed some looked like they were going to do yard work.

I did not make it to the after dinner drink, off to bed, way to much wine.

Yes I hear that it has been the same menu, it was great but yes time for a change. Would love to see a new menu.

We had one oopsey… the waitress went to move a motorized wheelchair and hit the beautiful display table and he ended up with red wine all over his pants. They dry-cleaned his cloths and with out us even asking credited his meal….Kudos to NCL….

The cost was 99 dollars plus there added tips. all though we did see it posted some where for 89…

was not going to argue, meal was too good….

We did the chef's table in 2012 --- but I can't remember what day it was scheduled for? Does anyone know? Thanks. Jan

It varies from ship to ship, and from itinerary to itinerary. On the two last cruises where we participated on the CT, they had it twice on each cruise.