Some people just are never happy and love to complain

garycarla

Yea, we have all seen our share here of folks that just are not happy. And yes, there are some with very legitimate issues.

I happened to come across this site and found some of the crazy people. Reading it is enough you make you want to stay home.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/ncl_cruise.htm

Pour yourself a stiff one, get out the popcorn and enjoy.

Well, it got about the same satisfaction rating as RCC, Celebrity, MSC and Princess...better than Carnival and Holland America, of course that is not a big surprise...:eek:, so guess that just shows that only the ones that want to complain post on those sites...really, about the only one that has a better rating is Disney

Yea, we have all seen our share here of folks that just are not happy. And yes, there are some with very legitimate issues.

I happened to come across this site and found some of the crazy people. Reading it is enough you make you want to stay home.

You have a point, some people love to complain. To some the glass of water is half empty.

I will say that some complaints have a firm basis in fact. It is just that some people complain about things beyond the control of the cruise line, or about the travel agent that they picked or bad weather, etc.

Wow! There are some real jerks on there. Things happen, not everything will go the way you want it to. Being a confrontational, nasty jerk is not the way to resolve issues. On some of the complaints, their own description about how they behaved paints them as the one in the wrong. Boo to them.

They don't let us do that here at work... but a week from now we'll be having brunch at Palo so I will have to keep that in mind.

Iv'e said it before on here and I'll say it again.. some people are not happy, unless they are miserable! I learned long ago "Don't sweat the small stuff....." :D:D:D

You know, my oldest son used to say to me all the time when he was growing up "does it really matter?". Used to drive me nuts especially when I was trying to get him to do something. Later in life I realized, he's right. Most times it doesn't matter.

Iv'e said it before on here and I'll say it again.. some people are not happy, unless they are miserable! I learned long ago "Don't sweat the small stuff....." :D:D:D

Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!

Speaking of complaining, I found a youtube video of a guy and his wife who are complaining on the Getaway about their food. Prepare to cringe.

XEvUhEJwk5o

WOW, what an arrogant a-----e.

First of all, if you are provided a dish with your meal, anywhere (cruise ship or restaurant) it is ridiculous to make a Supreme Court Case out of it. Unless there was glass in the food or it made you sick, why complain at all.

On a few occasions, I have asked the waiter for another dish, since the one I ordered was not what I expected or not up to speed. However, I didn't try to throw the food in the waiter's face.

I hate it when people treat the wait staff like this. The man was trying demonstrate his culinary superiority. All he demonstrated was arrogance and uncultured impropriety.

WOW, what an arrogant a-----e.

First of all, if you are provided a dish with your meal, anywhere (cruise ship or restaurant) it is ridiculous to make a Supreme Court Case out of it. Unless there was glass in the food or it made you sick, why complain at all.

On a few occasions, I have asked the waiter for another dish, since the one I ordered was not what I expected or not up to speed. However, I didn't try to throw the food in the waiter's face.

I hate it when people treat the wait staff like this. The man was trying demonstrate his culinary superiority. All he demonstrated was arrogance and uncultured impropriety.

Have to say, it looked to me that this jerk was setting it up to go to guest services and ask for some of his money back and that is why he taped the conversation. $12,000 on the cruise, art and cigars....who cares what he spent or what he purchased and by mentioning it to the crew member just shows what a blowhard he is. The crew member should not have allowed the conversation to go on as long as it did, he should have just said, I'm sorry you didn't like it, would you like another...end of conversation.

I think the cruise lines have made it all to easy for passengers to complain to get something. I see it on here way to often.

Edited by NLH Arizona

That is hilarious!! His complaints are laughable. If he has been in the business (not sure which one) for 30 years he would know you never treat someone like he is doing.

Gordon Ramsey?.........he is like a cartoon character that no on should even take as reality.

I agree about him wanting to get his money back; not sure I believe it is $12,000. I am sure that is greatly exaggerated too.

The term 'big dumb guy' came to mind when I watched this; not very smart and NO social skills.

(How's that for an opinion.....:p)

Edited by Cruisercl

It's funny, I found the consumer affairs site before I found CC and if I hadn't already been on several cruises, it might have made me wonder just how bad NCL really was.

Thankfully, the only complaint we've had has been from our butler, who clearly felt that we were misusing his skills and complained about us not using his services enough. :p

Well, almost anyway, if we did have a complaint it would only be that the Epic was just too big for us, but we still had a great cruise.

Like other posters, it boggles the mind how you can find so much to complain about when you're on a beautiful ship, going to great destinations, and not having to do a darn thing you don't want to............except ... :eek: get off the darn ship before you want to :eek: . :p

I wonder how many complaints would be posted about the passengers by the crew and officers of the ships? :eek: Love to be a fly on the wall for that discussion. :p