Southampton Priority Boarding

Classiccruiser777

My wife and I achieved the exalted status of "Platinum" a few years ago and have enjoyed priority boarding in NY & LA. This October we will be taking QM2 to Southampton and then visit the Cotswolds for 5 days before returning to NY on the QM2. On our return we will be joined by good friends (which we met on a QE2 cruise 5 years ago) and we would like to know, without a shadow of doubt, will we be afforded priority boarding at Southampton and can our friends ("Silver" folks they be) that are traveling with us board with us? And, if so, what time does priority boarding generally begin in Southampton?

My wife and I achieved the exalted status of "Platinum" a few years ago and have enjoyed priority boarding in NY & LA. This October we will be taking QM2 to Southampton and then visit the Cotswolds for 5 days before returning to NY on the QM2. On our return we will be joined by good friends (which we met on a QE2 cruise 5 years ago) and we would like to know, without a shadow of doubt, will we be afforded priority boarding at Southampton and can our friends ("Silver" folks they be) that are traveling with us board with us? And, if so, what time does priority boarding generally begin in Southampton?

Hi, we embarked at Southampton and received priority embarkation as we were in the Grills. We boarded around midday from memory.

Yes, you will receive priority boarding, after Queens and Princess Grill passengers.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/priority-checkin

Your 'Silver' friends may be allowed to board with you, but there's no guarantee. Having said that, I've never read on here about anyone having their 'Silver' friends denied priority boarding if accompanied by Platinum passengers.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/loyalty_check_in_2

We're diamond, and in Southamton our friends (silver, later gold) were allowed to board with us. This happened at least three times. The person at the door was always very pleasant about it. I think one was insulted that we might think Cunard's hospitality would be so poor as to split up a party.

In NYC, I wouldn't bet on it. Our friends were sent to a different line once, and allowed in our line us once.

In June the checks for the priority boarding were the most stringent I have ever seen them!

However, in the past we have boarded with family who not yet then gained the "exalted" status.

We are lowly silver...our e-ticket say 3:00 for boarding.....is that hard and fast?

No. The terminal staff are not interested in what time you've been told to board and will not question you about it, merely show you to a waiting area. Boarding starts (usually) from 1200. The earlier you arrive (say 1130), the closer you will be to the front of the queue/line. Bon Voyage! :)

We are lowly silver...our e-ticket say 3:00 for boarding.....is that hard and fast?

My information says 14:00.... But, my friend will be dropping me off between 11:30 and 12:00, so I hope to be boarding soon after the Grills and status passengers.

Although, when we boarded in May, when we got to the front of the line where they were taking the boarding group cards, they asked us if we were In group whatever, or Diamond, we just said neither, but in a Grills suite and were ushered through without asking for a card or suite number...

Classiccruiser777: A bit off topic, but my wife and I are doing the same thing you are-- spending the five days in the Cotswolds and then returning to the Qm2. My question is that when we return to the ship it's a Sunday and all the rental car companies are closed in Southampton itself. Have you found alternate means or are you just starting off at the airport and returning it there?

Classiccruiser777: A bit off topic, but my wife and I are doing the same thing you are-- spending the five days in the Cotswolds and then returning to the Qm2. My question is that when we return to the ship it's a Sunday and all the rental car companies are closed in Southampton itself. Have you found alternate means or are you just starting off at the airport and returning it there?

We have friends that live in Southampton and are picking us up at the pier. They are then taking us to the airport to get our rental car. We will return our car there on Sunday and our friends will pick us up for our return to the QM2.

Archived