No longer disappointed with my Viking Air flight times!!!

jabrown40

I'd like to post the resolution to my previous post re my disappointment about the not so great flight times I received from Viking Air. As I previously posted, our flights were FREE with our booking on our Cuba cruise. I happily paid the deviation fee of 100.00pp to fly the day before. (Thanksgiving) We received a departure time of 7am. We live 90 minutes away from the airport, and having to arrive a couple of hours early would have made for a very difficult day of travel. My TA was able to get Viking to arrange for an 8:30 flight, and then magically the next day, Viking Air allowed her to offer me the Air plus option. So my air ended up costing us 300.00, but still cheaper than booking on our own. We were able to choose a flight leaving at 1;20pm, able to choose our seats, and will be returning at a time we also chose. (12:15 instead of 3:15.) People wanted me to delete my previous post, or merge the posts (don't know how to do that), but instead I hope this follow up demonstrates Viking's desire to make their customer happy, and they certainly exceeded my expectations!

Thanks for the update and don't worry about merging - I figured it out right away - I would love a 7:00 Am flight- but am going to Lisbon - would like the extra time there!!!! Just curious on the expense - ours too is free and I paid to go with friends - nominal fee and the 100 for deviation so the additional -allowed you to choose seat and airline or just seat? I would like to add the points to my AA account so would prefer a codeshare airline. Also was the $300 for both of you or per person? Thanks - it is the kind of info I have been looking for this afternoon perfect timing!

We paid 150.00 per person - 100.00 to deviate to one day before, and an additional 50.00 to choose our flights and seats. Our original booking from Viking was on American, and we didn't care which airline, so we just stayed with them, but chose the better times for us.