Dress advice

I found this dress at Davids bridal cheap. I didn't want anything expensive. At first I thought it was cute but now i'm having second thoughts. Wedding dresses are suppose to be long but it is on a cruise so it kind of fits the occasion..... I'm thinking about taking it back

2012-03-149513-59-5595766-1.jpg

I think it's really cute. Try to think of your wedding as what you want not what it's supposed to be. I bought a short bridesmaid dress from David's Bridal for my dress and it's not even white. :eek: It was also the second dress I bought and now I' m on my second pair of shoes. I suggest if you don't feel 100% about it, return it and get another one. There's no rule that says you can't buy as many as you want (within price budget:)) And remember you have to feel like the most beautiful bride ever and if that dress doesn't do it, return it and find another.

Congrats on the wedding!

It looks really good on you, but it's up to you what you feel comfortable in. FI and I are wearing ballgowns because we are giving our wedding a formal tone and theme, and have made that known to our guests.

I'm also on my second (and final) dress, so you wouldn't be the first to change their mind. :-) Is that part of the DB Studio gowns? I know they have/had a longer version of your gown. You also may be able to find something in the $99 rack. They will only let you re-select if you pick something equal or more expensive and you can only get store credit.

I think it's cute but decided on long for that it of tradition. If it's not too expensive, maybe keep it for an afterparty that night, or for another evening on the cruise.

This is a great idea- maybe get changed in the evening?? x x

Traditional dresses aren't always best anyway. I know I loved the way mine looked but it was pretty uncomfortable and since I spent all of that money I decided to wear it to dinner too. I could hardly eat because I was so uncomfortable. So just choose what is right for you :D

My dress isn't going to be long. I haven't decided exactly which design I am going with, but I am going to wear a Dolly Couture dress. Here is the one design I am leaning towards right now. These are real brides wearing her dresses, these pics are from Dolly's FB page. The main difference is I would have a purple sash and purple petticoats that you would be able to see.. oh and my shoes are purple!

150546_467857536985_713941985_6145390_5107358_n.jpg

58002_467857311985_713941985_6145374_2548989_n.jpg

If you decide to go with something long, I would keep it to change into after you get tired of wearing that heavy dress all day. (if you can afford to have two dresses, of course) I really wanted to have something short to change into but it just wasn't in my budget.

I found this dress at Davids bridal cheap. I didn't want anything expensive. At first I thought it was cute but now i'm having second thoughts. Wedding dresses are suppose to be long but it is on a cruise so it kind of fits the occasion..... I'm thinking about taking it back

2012-03-149513-59-5595766-1.jpg

I think it looks cute on you, too. Maybe I would ask them about adding a different color waist line/ belt or varying the colors of the flowers on your arm for more of a tropical look.

It's very pretty. But if you want a more traditional gown, don't settle!

Herbaltees, I think it's a very cute dress and you look adorable in it! (Now if you're going for super elegant or sexy or sophisticated, it might not be perfect, but you've got cute down pat!) :)

2013CruiseBride, I am also a Dolly Couture bride!!! My dress is the Manhattan, with polka dot overlay and red petticoats, and I love love love it. :D

Herbaltees, I think it's a very cute dress and you look adorable in it! (Now if you're going for super elegant or sexy or sophisticated, it might not be perfect, but you've got cute down pat!) :)

2013CruiseBride, I am also a Dolly Couture bride!!! My dress is the Manhattan, with polka dot overlay and red petticoats, and I love love love it. :D

that's danielle2934 not me, but she does look super cute in the dress.

That dress is adorable... in fact if they still have it I might scoop it up for changing into after the wedding (We have steakhouse reservations and I've been looking for a shorter, moree casual dress). It looks totally wedding appropriate, and you look great in it! Like others have said, if you love it and feel like it is what you want to be married in, then go for it. My own wedding dress is not white, it's champagne with pink accents, and it is technically a "quinceanera" dress so I don't put much stock in "traditional" wedding gowns - whatever YOU want is what you should wear, whether it's that dress or not. But I agree - if you do change your mind, you could always keep it to change into if it wasn't too expensive.

This dress is adorable....I might run out & buy it...LOL! I am getting married next year with a small beach wedding & then leaving right after for our cruise Honeymoon. I am torn between long or short as well, but that dress is soooo perfect for a cruise!:)

my Jr.Bride/maid is wearing this dress! I think its perfect for a cruise wedding! Its very pretty and beachy and i thought it was great quality..we got some matching flowers for her hair to put her hair in a french twist kinda updo and we are going to get her some sparkly shoes for it. I think it would make a good wedding dress. It has just enough bling.

my Jr.Bride/maid is wearing this dress! I think its perfect for a cruise wedding! Its very pretty and beachy and i thought it was great quality..we got some matching flowers for her hair to put her hair in a french twist kinda updo and we are going to get her some sparkly shoes for it. I think it would make a good wedding dress. It has just enough bling.

I love that idea! My JBM's are wearing short white dresses too!

• 2 weeks later...

Danielle it looks like a party dress... You want a nice dress to say I am Getting Married to the one I love... and also think about giving your dress to a future daughter. Although the dress was nice and inexpensive, I think that I would perfer a long gown, maybe more simple. Alot are gonna disagree with me and say this is nice, yet it is for a 2nd bride. but for a young vibrant girl like you, I would go with a long slick dress with a nice head piece. You can find alot of nice dresses in consignment shops or on the racks at Dillards or Macy's that Prom season is coming up.. a long gown for under 200.00 is what it takes. That dress you have on must be in that range but you can have it if you like it longer why don;t they have it in a gown like? I would love to see you in a gown and if you like it that much later on to shorten it for a 5th anniv gown then you can do it, but brides marry in all colors of the rainbow not JUST White! I had a Pink dress, it was my prom dress but I loved it just the same. but you do what makes you happy its your day... and most of all its not the dress but the Man that Goes with the dress for the next 80 years. plus.

good luck dear one

Archived