Allure March 3rd - New to Cruising Help !!!

Noral

Hi All

We have been busy reading all the threads that we can and about to book just need some advice on which deck..we have offers for D5 class Deck 12 mid way port side, Deck 7 mid way port side, Deck 11 Starboard side and Deck 10 in a D1 cabin with a larger balcony. I am not sure that the extra $500 for the Deck 10 will be worth it for that larger balcony. Any help would be great. I believe that the Deck 7 is on the Promenade with Central Park above..is that an issue?. Just one other question re Insurance..our only worry is my mum with a pre existing condition (heart) that would not be covered, if in the very unlikely event that we needed to cancel...I understand that monies would not be refunded do you think they would transfer to another date ? We are very excited about the prospect of this trip and welcome any advice and meanwhile madly printing off all tips:D quote.gif

Was on Oasis, sister ship to Allure last year along with two other couples who were new to cruising. We were on Deck 8. An inside cabin and loved this location. It was so very easy to get from one side of the ship to the other on this deck because of the openness of central park. Our friends had a Jounior suite on 10 and loved that location as well. Hope this helps

This is so much an individual preference, but I will add, I was on deck 12 and loved it and booked that deck again. We are pool people so I like to be up high with a 1 deck buffer between us and the pool. The higher decks do also offer great views from your balcony.

Deck 7 is not the Promenade. Deck 5 is the Promenade, Deck 6 features Boardwalk, and Central Park is located on Deck 8. Deck 7 is staterooms.

Any location on the Allure is great, depending what you are looking for.

The lower decks are closer to the entertainment, the upper decks are closer to the pools.

When on the Oasis, DH and I stayed on Deck 6, very close to the aft elevators. This area is also very close to the entrance to Boardwalk, as well as the stairs that I can use to walk down to the Promenade and dining room or up two flights to Central Park. On our upcoming Allure cruise, we are staying in the same area. I like being able to walk onto the Boardwalk early in the morning, seeing the ocean and feeling the warm sun, in search of my first cup of coffee. The Aqua Theater makes a great place to enjoy my coffee; it is very peaceful in the early morning hours.

I should add, that we are in a balcony cabin, we get a nice view of the ocean from there, it is a D8. I prefer the smaller balcony of a D8, rather then a D1 on the Oasis/Allure, as I like the location of the cabin. I also feel that the price difference is not worth it.

DW and I were on the Oasis a couple of years ago and we'll be on the Allure in January. We were on deck 8 on the Oasis near the aft elevator bank. On the Allure, we'll be on deck 8 again, near the forward elevator bank.

We like deck 8 because it's easy to traverse the ship using Central Park. Near an elevator bank is important, (at least to us), because the ships are sooo long, it cuts down a little on the walking.

It's hard to imagine, without seeing with your own eyes, just how long these ships are. Something like 3 football fields long.

Harvey

We sailed the Oasis in 2010 and walked the length of the ships several times daily, never took elevators and climbed LOTS of stairs for additional exercise and to see the abundant modern art on these ships' stairwell landings. I cannot imagine missing that art; it is the primary reason we are going on the Allure next year.

Of course, if anyone in your group has a mobility issue, close access to elevators is important.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

We sailed the Oasis in 2010 and walked the length of the ships several times daily, never took elevators and climbed LOTS of stairs for additional exercise and to see the abundant modern art on these ships' stairwell landings. I cannot imagine missing that art; it is the primary reason we are going on the Allure next year.

Of course, if anyone in your group has a mobility issue, close access to elevators is important.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

This is a good point, we took different routes on the stairs all week so we could catch all the art.

art.jpg

I don't know about insurance in your country, but in the US you CAN get insurance for pre-existing conditions up until the final payment date and within 24 hours of that payment. It costs a bit more, but not a lot. I suggest you search around for that kind of insurance. We have had to cancel two cruise because of MIL's heart condition. No problem collecting.

Archived