Westerdam Dry clean and Laundry Prices

jmdpsca

I don't know about the Westerdam or dry cleaning, but on the Noordam last May (20 days) we used the fixed price laundry and were happy with it. There is also an option for as much as you can put in their bag. The main problem was wrestling with DH for laundry bag space.

I can't find the cost on HAL's website, but remember we thought the laundry price was reasonable. We signed up for it on the first day of the cruise.

We are sailing on 4/19/09 on the Westerdam, which does not have a laundromat on board, this is a 16 day trip, please advise if you have prices, for services.

We used the fixed price laundry service on the November 2008 Prinsendam Amazon Explorer itinerary, and the service was great and a better value than per-piece or per-bag pricing.

You can call HAL Ship Services at (800) 541-1576 in advance of your cruise to get all the information and order and prepay the service, which will be in force when you board. In fact, we found that ordering and paying in advance was less expensive than waiting to order the service on board.

Note, this package is for "laundry" only; dry-cleaning is separate and per piece.

END

We just got off the msPRINSENDAM (Dec. 19th) their 26 day Amazon Explorer and took advantage of the laundry-by-the-bag ($12). My dh could not believe how much I stuffed in the bag the 2 times we did it. His shirts/slacks and even shorts and my tops and capris came back beautfully ironed and hanging on hangers. All our underwear was so neatly folded. We really feel we got our money's worth.

One friend of ours did the fixed laundry... she paid $125.00 ahead of time. On board the ship though the price went up to $145.00.

We will definitely be taking advantage of the $12 a bag on our next cruise coming up in February on the msSTATENDAM.

The $12 for a bag is an amazingly good value, considering the cost for washers and dryers in self-serve places, and the convenience of having all your stuff come back looking all pretty in a wicker basket, wrapped in tissue paper, with the hanging stuff hanging neatly. You also save all the time needed to trek back and forth to the self-serve place.

My wife packed the bag "full" and I then unpacked it and re-packed it more tightly and it was only 2/3's full. I then kept asking for more till I figured we were done. One must be ruthless with filling all the nooks and crannies and cannot be neat as folded stuff doesn't compress. Socks and underwear goes in the two bottom corners first, then start jamming other stuff in. If you have jeans, slack or shorts, they go down the middle with T-Shirts and the like around the outside. Be ruthless. The bag won't burst, and if it were to, you can get another one to "test".

You want to aim to have the bag feel and look like a fully inflated, albeit, oversized football. Then you know you are getting your full 12 bucks worth.

GS

The $12 for a bag is an amazingly good value, considering the cost for washers and dryers in self-serve places, and the convenience of having all your stuff come back looking all pretty in a wicker basket, wrapped in tissue paper, with the hanging stuff hanging neatly. You also save all the time needed to trek back and forth to the self-serve place.

My wife packed the bag "full" and I then unpacked it and re-packed it more tightly and it was only 2/3's full. I then kept asking for more till I figured we were done. One must be ruthless with filling all the nooks and crannies and cannot be neat as folded stuff doesn't compress. Socks and underwear goes in the two bottom corners first, then start jamming other stuff in. If you have jeans, slack or shorts, they go down the middle with T-Shirts and the like around the outside. Be ruthless. The bag won't burst, and if it were to, you can get another one to "test".

You want to aim to have the bag feel and look like a fully inflated, albeit, oversized football. Then you know you are getting your full 12 bucks worth.

GS

Thanks. It sounds like a good strategy. I'll give it a try in about a week!:)

John

• 4 years later...

Archived