Mariner leaving :( West Coast is sad

Yup, just announced. When she returns, she is moving to Galveston. I can hear them cheering from here! lol What are we to do over here now? Will we even have a ship?

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1194&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WhyNotRecentPosts+%28Why+Not%3F%29&utm_content=FaceBook

If they dont replace her with a similar or better ship I have to say that I may be jumping brands. We dont have any other options here in LA except Carnival. But the Splendor is brand new so it will be more appealing if they replace the Mariner with anything less.....

WOW... well I guess I am happy that we are sailing on Mariner again this coming Sunday!!!! So RCCL will not have ANY ships serving the Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles/San Pedro? I'm surprised... I thought the MR cruises did pretty well over the summer. Maybe they will move Adventure out here like someone suggested previously on another thread.

They are going to lose a lot of business to Carnival.... bet the prices will go up on Splendor for the 2011 summer season! maybe they are making room for the a Disney Ship?

I am completely heartbroken, I must say. It's as if we don't exist over here! Or wait, could we be free-ing up space for something larger, perhaps?;) Ok, I know, that's how rumors get started!! Just wishful thinking, I guess! :D

So will the Voyager still do their 2010-2011 winter Galveston sailings??

Yes!

And the good news is we will still have a voyager class ship sailing out of Galveston. I'm so happy. Plus the Voyager will be in New Orleans. For us Texans this is great news:D

We were on the Oasis with you Dec Labadee Extravaganza

Any way anyone know which ship is coming to the west coast? :confused: We have a possible wedding in Puerto Vallarta port in May 2011.

Thanks

Brenda

Peoria, AZ

Hey Brenda..great to see you :D Sorry cant answer your question though on a West Coast ship :(

Got to say this is a shock..never heard/read on hints on this happening...although I know there was some background talk/rumours/concerns about the Splendour in summer 2011 but moving her to Venice at the same time as the Voyager sailing from there...mmm...makes me wonder does RCCL have any other tricks up their sleeves :confused:

Archived