The Braemar

thebuss

Q: My family and i went on the Balmoral in July on the Iberian cruise and we had a great time. Next year we are thinking about cruising on the Braemar to the canaries in July as well. Could anyone help in comparing the ships, i also thought the Balmoral held the sea well and we had a fairly smooth cruise. Would the Braemar, being a lot smaller be ok. We travelled on the Black Prince many years ago in July and that was like being in a rocking chair. 2 answers

51 views Submitted by:Gary, Chelmsford on 2nd Sep 2008

Subject

As a regular on FOCL I would stick with the "Balmoral" as it is much more stable. The exception would be in the Caribbean which is by far the best cruising area for the "Braemar". Also, I found the the passenger space ratio on the "Braemar" a little low but that was before she was stretched.

We are on Braemar in January but, after we booked, heard some very mediocre reviews of her. Perhaps you would be good enough to give me your views. Would be very interested in knowing about the food, entertainment, age group aboard and anything else you could possibly tell me. After the reviews we have read, we have considered cancelling but don't know what to do right at this moment. The sort of standards we would hope for would be good food with good standard of service, good, fun entertainment (rather more up to date than Judy Garland and Frank Sinatra - slight dig at Cunard!) and plenty of dressing up in the evenings especially on formal nights.

Thanks

Sandie

Archived