Is Jamaica safe with the local tour guides? Courtney Taylor?

DiapoTravel

Hi!

My wife and I will be travelling to Falmouth this June aboard RCI's Allure of the Seas. It's been almost 15 years since I've visited Jamaica, so a little wary of using any non-RCI sponsored excursions. We prefer to use the local tour guides for a less expensive and more intimate experience. Is it safe to go out on your own or use the local guides/excursion companies? We want to make sure we make it back to the ship safely and on time.

Has anyone used Courtney Taylor before? If so, what's your experience with him like? We're planning on climbing Dunn's River, water tubing, eating jerk chicken, drive through Fern Gully and maybe do the Blue Hole Cliff Jumping. What's the difference between Courtney Taylor and Peat Taylor tours? Recommend any other tour guides?

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi!

My wife and I will be travelling to Falmouth this June aboard RCI's Allure of the Seas. It's been almost 15 years since I've visited Jamaica, so a little wary of using any non-RCI sponsored excursions. We prefer to use the local tour guides for a less expensive and more intimate experience. Is it safe to go out on your own or use the local guides/excursion companies? We want to make sure we make it back to the ship safely and on time.

Has anyone used Courtney Taylor before? If so, what's your experience with him like? We're planning on climbing Dunn's River, water tubing, eating jerk chicken, drive through Fern Gully and maybe do the Blue Hole Cliff Jumping. What's the difference between Courtney Taylor and Peat Taylor tours? Recommend any other tour guides?

Thanks for the feedback!

We used Mark Morris (markstours.com) for a private tour. He was great and it was one of the best tours we ever taken!

I would highly recommend Courtney Taylor. He took us exactly where we wanted to go, told us alot about his island and we all around had a fabulous day. We went to DRF, the Blue Hole (which was great and should not be missed!), ate Jerk Chicken, drove thru Fern Gully...sounds like exactly what the OP is looking for! I would not hesitate to contact Courtney should I ever return to Jamaica. He even stayed with us when we went into a shop to purchase some coffee, so we felt entirely safe the whole time! Have a great day!

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi. We will be on the Allure the same week you are in June. Dunn's River Falls is very far from Falmouth. I don't know anything about Courtney Taylor, but if you go that way you will spend half of your time in Jamaica riding in a car. If traffic is bad you could really be in trouble getting back on time. Fern Gully is also near Ocho Rios and very far.

We will be going with a large group with Phillip's Country tours towards MoBay which is closer. Most of our group is going river rafting on bamboo rafts, but some may go zip lining or tubing instead.

Looking forward to seeing how huge this ship is. We will both have a lot of company.

Courtney Taylor-%ROCKS%

We were just in Jamaica last week on the Freedom and had a blast....Courtney took us everywhere we wanted to go and gave us plenty of time to do what we wanted to do.

We did not have to hurry to get back to the ship. NO the traffic wasn't an issue. The drive to Ocho Rios took us 55 minutes.....We did Dunns River Falls, River Tubing, Margaritaville in Ocho, shopping and back tot he ship an hour before she set sail.

I had contacted Courtney before we left and requested that he have specific beverages on the tour. Everything was perfect just liked I had planned.

We will be going to Jamaica again and I will be contacting Courtney...THANK YOU COURTNEY FOR A JOB WELL DONE.

Angela Ramsey of California

Hi. We will be on the Allure the same week you are in June.

Looking forward to seeing how huge this ship is. We will both have a lot of company.

Great to hear Steve. If you haven't already done so, please be sure to join our Meet & Mingle thread. A bunch of us are doing a cabin crawl and meeting up at Rita's Fiesta. Should be a lot of fun!

I would highly recommend Courtney Taylor. He took us exactly where we wanted to go, told us alot about his island and we all around had a fabulous day. We went to DRF, the Blue Hole (which was great and should not be missed!), ate Jerk Chicken, drove thru Fern Gully...sounds like exactly what the OP is looking for! I would not hesitate to contact Courtney should I ever return to Jamaica. He even stayed with us when we went into a shop to purchase some coffee, so we felt entirely safe the whole time! Have a great day!

May I ask what you were charged? We are going to have a group of 7 and this sounds exactly like what we want to do.

Did you have any issues getting back to the ship on time?

Thanks

Archived