Pullman Bed Pictures?

I have been checking regularly and have enjoyed viewing the tons of pictures of the Freedom, but have not been able to find any of the pullman beds. Has anyone seen one? I have a grandchild (3 years) staying in one and want to check it out before we arrive (just in case I need to bring an alternate bedsource/air mattress) We are in E2's and E1's on deck 7. Thanks!

Can someone tell me, in the E1 category cabins on Freedom that have a pullman, WHERE is the pullman? Are they over the regular beds (and if so, at the head or at the foot on the opposit wall)? Or are they above the sitting area?

Jane, the ones that I have seen photos of are above the head of the bed. But I imagine it might vary. It would freak me out to have someone sleeping right above me. lol. Hit some rough seas and there they come right on top of ya!

• 3 weeks later...
I have been checking regularly and have enjoyed viewing the tons of pictures of the Freedom, but have not been able to find any of the pullman beds. Has anyone seen one? I have a grandchild (3 years) staying in one and want to check it out before we arrive (just in case I need to bring an alternate bedsource/air mattress) We are in E2's and E1's on deck 7. Thanks!
Does this 3 year old sleep in a bunk bed now? I can picture him or her falling out and seriously hurting themself. Don't put a small child in an unfamilar situation like this. While in the dark they will need to go to the bathroom and quick so as not to wet the bed. Put them on the safe lower bed or better yet sofa. Just trying to help. You haven't been a newbe parent for a while so its easy to forget the basics of baby proofing. Don't forget the approved airline carseat for the plane and taxi.

Does this 3 year old sleep in a bunk bed now? I can picture him or her falling out and seriously hurting themself. Don't put a small child in an unfamilar situation like this. While in the dark they will need to go to the bathroom and quick so as not to wet the bed. Put them on the safe lower bed or better yet sofa. Just trying to help. You haven't been a newbe parent for a while so its easy to forget the basics of baby proofing. Don't forget the approved airline carseat for the plane and taxi.

Fun1 is right about the pullmans, my son fell out of one and he was 12 years old! He normally wasnt one to fall out of bed, I wrote it off to strange surroundings and rough seas. He suffered a cut lip was pretty shook up. On another cruise years later, and older, he slept in a pullman again. I wasnt going to take any chances. I had an extra ladder delivered to the room (see picture above) and I wedged it between the mattress (longways) and the bed frame. It worked like a charm. It was very snug and stayed in place. It made both of us feel safe.

You could take the pullman mattress and put it on the floor for your 3 yr. old tho it'd be a nightly hassle, at least you'd know she is safe! Last yr. my 15 yo heard my wake up call (room service coffee!) and maybe thought it was his alarm clock at home...sound asleep,he rolled off the bunk and landed on his feet! Ours on the Navigator looked like the other photo (AOS E1) but we had the lower bed as twins. My son was tall enough he didn't need the ladder.

After seeing what the pullman actually looks like, I have decided to leave it unopened and just bring an air mattress for the children (one in each cabin). This contraption is way too high, doesn't look comfortable, and I can't imagine having anyone sleeping over my head like that. (I am WAY past enjoying bunk beds). I am sure I could even make a "fort" from the couch, cushions and a couple of extra sheets and make a really great place for the grandchildren to sleep.

FUN 1: I will file your "advice" ,assumption I haven't been a "newbie parent for a while", and lessons on child safety next to my walker and hearing aid. I am only 50, teach 7 year olds, and deal with babies on a regular basis. I am well aware of how to protect small children, haven't "forgotten how to baby proof" anything, and will leave the issues of car seats, strollers and other transportation needs to their quite competent, well educated parents. The only thing I wasn't familiar with was the pullman bed, hence my original post. Thanks for your offer of "help".

Here's an inside on Freedom with two pullman beds -

http://community.webshots.com/photo/550423470/2854066190078762517nebccn#

Thank you! I was wondering about the configuration for an inside cabin. I'm hoping that a balcony cabin opens up but not too worried if it doesn't happen now that I see the pic. I was worried that the extra bed would be above the sitting area. Thanks again for the link.

Sandie

Archived