Seattle, what are the must-do's on my list?

Okay, we have one day in Seattle (arriving late Wednesday night and cruise leaves on Friday). We were thinking about buying a City Pass for $76 each, which would get us the Space Needle, the Aquarium, the Zoo, Chihuily Glass Gardens, and the Harbor boat tour. My husband also wants to go see the fresh fish market where they throw fish? :confused:

We can skip the zoo, that's not a must do (although I am an animal lover). The Space Needle and Glass Gardens are a must for me.

Talk to me about the Aquarium, harbor boat tour, and the fish market. Are those worth doing?

Is there anything we're leaving out?

Thanks, guys!

My husband also wants to go see the fresh fish market where they throw fish? :confused:

We can skip the zoo, that's not a must do (although I am an animal lover).

An animal lover who wants to see marine life thrown around for entertainment!

[YOUTUBE]JeDHiAPqJOI[/YOUTUBE]

you're not going to have enough time for zoo with your other day activities...

[YOUTUBE]mNBoW4-r-no[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo

This sounds like a lot of fun.

We were just there a couple of weeks ago.

We thought the Fish Market which is about 15 minutes from the ship was terrific.

Right adjacent to it is the first Starbucks.

Keith

Can anyone tell me if walking between the Fish Market and the Aquarium is feasible for someone with slight mobility issues? Is the street basically walkable? Thanks so very much for any info.

Judy from SW Florida

Can anyone tell me if walking between the Fish Market and the Aquarium is feasible for someone with slight mobility issues? Is the street basically walkable? Thanks so very much for any info.

Judy from SW Florida

Yes, it is walkable but some of it is uphill.

If you go to the aquarium from Pike Market you can take an elevator part of the way but it is a downhill walk and then uphill walk. May not work if you have mobility issues. Have a great visit no matter what youchoose to do. A fun city to explore.

Yes for sure go to Pike Place Market! It's what people think of when they think Seattle so don't miss it! It's fun and there are some good snacks and stuff to try nearby. The Aquarium is also very close by. It's been over a decade since I have been there. Definitely better aquariums out there.

I'm local but haven't visited the Space Needle or Chihuly [emoji15]. I would probably skip the zoo since there's nothing particularly special about it. I just think in terms of priority and what is unique to Seattle, you would want to do the other ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you have children with you? If not, I would skip the zoo and aquarium and opt for some sites more exclusively Seattle.

Look into Pioneer square and the underground tour. The tour is a hoot. There is also a goldrush museum at Pioneer square that is similar to the one in Skagway. There used to be a tram that ran from the Ocean front area to Pioneer Square.

Lots of stuff to do near the space needle. The Pacific science center is there as well as a music museum. You can take a monorail between the Space Needle area and the center of Seattle.