Can you book airfare and hotel accomodation through Carnivals website?

yamsi12

Ive been on their site and I cant seem to find it...if its offered....:confused:

My father in law said when he used to sail carnival they offered it, like expedia, Travelocity, etc. Bundle together and save a few bucks. Ive never seen it though, just want to make sure im not missing anything.

just trying to save a few bucks.

Edited by yamsi12

I'm afraid not. You can only book cabins on the site.

You can book flights through Carnival if you call them. I will say however that the flight they book for you will be the cheapest possible - which means odd hours and possibly multiple stops. We booked a flight through Carnival once and decided it wasn't worth the discounted price.

My families very first cruise and also coming from the west coast,, we did exactly what you're looking to do.

Carnival made ALL the travel arrangements.

Oh the horror

Spent way too much time flying cross country and spent way too much money.

You save no money (actually you'll spend more) and there is NO guarantee they'll do any better or cover your arrival to the ship any better. The implication may be there,,, but you'll not find it written in stone.

Book everything directly with the vendor.

Cruise with the cruise line.

Hotel with the hotel company

If this is your first time and you'd be more comfortable,,, use a local brick and mortar TA who specializes in cruises.

Look at the sticky at the top of the Cruise Air board. It explains all about cruiseline air.

Very few times have I read where cruiseline air works. Seems to be good for one way European cruises and some travelers from Eastern Canada.

Look on the Ports of Call or North American Homeports boards for info.

TripAdvisor is another great resource.

Edited by SadieN

My families very first cruise and also coming from the west coast,, we did exactly what you're looking to do.

Carnival made ALL the travel arrangements.

Oh the horror

You save no money (actually you'll spend more) and there is NO guarantee they'll do any better or cover your arrival to the ship any better. The implication may be there,,, but you'll not find it written in stone.

Book everything directly with the vendor.

Cruise with the cruise line.

Hotel with the hotel company

If this is your first time and you'd be more comfortable,,, use a local brick and mortar TA who specializes in cruises.

OP, if I were you, I'd listen to the voice of experience. klfrodo is 100% correct.

Oh I agree even if they do still offer it DON'T DO IT!!!!! You have no control over the flights and some flights come in very close to sail time and you get stressed out trying to get to the ship before it leaves. You also don't save anything by doing it.

I agree with the others. You may or may not see any savings by booking air through Carnival. If direct flights are available from your gateway airport, you likely won't get them. So you will likely be inconvenienced. You could also end up with double connections. Nobody likes that.

The only advantage to booking air through Carnival is that if something happens that delays getting you to the ship, Carnival will take responsibility for getting you on the ship. You can remedy this by flying in a day early and booking your own convenient flights. A good strategy, especially in the winter time with winter weather delays possible, is to book the first flight of the day to your destination so that if something happens, you will more opportunities for the airline to get you there that day. Direct flights also lessen the possibility of delays since your travels only involve one flight instead of two or more. Connections increase the likelihood of lost luggage, aircraft maintenance issues, and weather delays. It is all about improving your chances of not being delayed which lowers your stress factor. It just makes for a more enjoyable vacation IMO.

Have a nice cruise.

Edited by winddawn

just trying to save a few bucks.

you will NOT save a few bucks thats for sure.

you will pay dearly for that airfare and the hotel

could do sooo much better finding your own-- with the times for your flight to be the best available to you-- Not what they give you- you have no say. Could get lay overs etc.

and the hotel? top price will be paid

Oh the horror

I'll provide a slight example of why not from my personal experience.

Please note that this was after we paid for special Air Deviation

Our cruise was from Port Canaveral.

Carnival made our flight arrangements.

Our flights ended up being

Seattle - Minneapolis - Detroit - Memphis - Orlando

14 hour travel day for a 5 hour flight.

Seat assignments not provided. Didn't know flights until about 30 days before departure.

Since coming from the West Coast, they flew us in a day early and put us up at a hotel in Orlando (for free). Raddison.. Not bad, right?

Actual cost was brochure rate of $200 PER PERSON

Rack rate was only about $120 per night for the room.

Edited by klfrodo

If you miss your embarkation Carnival can only fly you to the next port if you have a passport. A birth certificate cannot be used to fly to another country.

Edited by SadieN