Civitavecchia Train Station Stairwell

vivian02

That was nice of you to stop and take the time to get a picture of the steps. The best thing to do is at the train station in Rome ask for the local train that ends in Civitavecchia and you will be on track #1 right next to the station and NO steps. :)

That was nice of you to stop and take the time to get a picture of the steps. The best thing to do is at the train station in Rome ask for the local train that ends in Civitavecchia and you will be on track #1 right next to the station and NO steps. :)

I agree, make sure you get the local train which stops in Civitavechia, no steps then.

Last year we left from platform 28 and had no stairs to deal with. This year we left from platform 26 and had to travel through the stairwell. I figure there is a track configuration for platforms 26,27,28,29 which I think all go the Civavechia. The other thing I notice was the charge for the two of us going one way from Rome was only 9 Euros. My wife let me know "Why are we doing this". My answere was for the exercise. I have another picture looking down the street in the direction of the "Free Shuttle". You go down the street about 5 blocks and to the right. Tim

DSC00324.jpg.9d8b1c4788cc9cf17289b3eba1213818.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

This is my very fist post here.... and my first transatlantic cruise (second in total). This thread is a bit old, but I guess it has not changed a lot in 3 years.

I will be leaving from Fort-Lauderdale on May 2 on Celebrity Equinox, destination Rome. I have many questions in mind, but I have read this thread and would like to ask you about the transfer.

Since I will stay 3 months in Europe, I will carry a heavy luggage (2 suitcases and a carry-on). I am a mature woman and will travel alone.

I can't spend a lot of extra-money, it already seems crazy to have booked that cruise ;). I called Celebrity this morning, they told me my travel agent call sell me a shuttle from the port to Rome.... for 91 usd :eek:. Ninety-one???? I booked a TGV train, sleeping seat, 1st class from Rome to Paris for 65 euros. Are they kidding?

And I have seen this train... is it feasible to carry the luggage from the ship to the train or any shuttle? Celebrity won't offer anything free.

Thank to all experienced cruisers. If you need any info about Paris, I will do my best to help, I am from there (living in Florida).

• 11 months later...

The shuttle will drop you about .3 miles from the station, once at the station you may or may not (as previous posts point out) have to deal with the steps (we always have). Once on the train you may or may not get a seat, it just depends. There are luggage racks but they maybe full and they will be away from your seat (convenient for thieves). I think it would be very difficult for a mature woman to navigate all of this with two suitcases and one carry on. We have done it but we only had one suitcase each and we are not yet mature. You will save a lot going via the train but I am afraid it might just about do you in. I would suggest getting a group via your ROll Call and arranging for a group transfer, more expensive but a better option in your case.

• 4 years later...