Best for. Blue Hole and Local Food

briehon

Which excursion company did you use and how was your experience? What were the local food options?

We used Libertytoursjamaica.com and I highly recommend them!

Went to the Blue Hole, this by far was the best private excursion we

have ever done. After the Blue Hole, Ricardo took us to Scotchies for lunch for the famous "jerk" chicken. It was to die for. Not spicy as you would think, just seasoned perfectly, moist and grilled. Had some Red Stripe Beer there as well. Perfect end to a PERFECT day.

Have read great reviews of the Blue Hole, but I have a question. My wife has 3 back surgeries, therefore can't swing from the rope or jump in the water from much of a height. Also our 6 yr old grandson can't swim on his own. Can't they both still enjoy the Blue Hole?

Have read great reviews of the Blue Hole, but I have a question. My wife has 3 back surgeries, therefore can't swing from the rope or jump in the water from much of a height. Also our 6 yr old grandson can't swim on his own. Can't they both still enjoy the Blue Hole?

Since I haven't been, I cannot answer your question but there are a lot of threads about blue hole that will probably answer your question better and quicker!

We went to the Blue Hole in July. It is amazing. Go there. We used Marvyn's Paradise Tours. It was just me & my husband. And our driver. He was so great. We felt so safe. He took us to the Blue Hole. Kept all our stuff locked safe in his car while the guide (he got for us) took us around. Then we told him we wanted Jamaican patties so he took us to Juici Beef & shopping before taking us back. He negotiated the prices so we didn't get ripped off. And emailed me all in advance of what to expect and the cost. Best prices around and it was a private tour-no strangers with us. It was the best day of our trip!! Our driver (Marvyn ) was so professional & kind. Great company.

We're interested in the Blue Hole and lunch as well.

We used Libertytoursjamaica.com and I highly recommend them!

Went to the Blue Hole, this by far was the best private excursion we

have ever done. After the Blue Hole, Ricardo took us to Scotchies for lunch for the famous "jerk" chicken. It was to die for. Not spicy as you would think, just seasoned perfectly, moist and grilled. Had some Red Stripe Beer there as well. Perfect end to a PERFECT day.

How many people were on the tour with you? Do you mind posting how much you paid?

We went to the Blue Hole in July. It is amazing. Go there. We used Marvyn's Paradise Tours. It was just me & my husband. And our driver. He was so great. We felt so safe. He took us to the Blue Hole. Kept all our stuff locked safe in his car while the guide (he got for us) took us around. Then we told him we wanted Jamaican patties so he took us to Juici Beef & shopping before taking us back. He negotiated the prices so we didn't get ripped off. And emailed me all in advance of what to expect and the cost. Best prices around and it was a private tour-no strangers with us. It was the best day of our trip!! Our driver (Marvyn ) was so professional & kind. Great company.

Can you tell us how much he charged?

Our experience was similar to the posts above and we used Errol Bowen (would highly recommend) http://www.traveljamaicatours.com

Cost to us for a party of six was $200 for just transportation for the day plus tip. You will pay Blue Hole per person charge of $10 plus something for your guide (ask your driver). For six people at Scotchies we had a bit of food left over for $60 plus tip.

There were people in our group who couldn't swim. They were given life jackets! They could still enjoy the the Blue Hole.. and had a great time! There were some people who could swim, but couldn't jump off the falls or swing on the rope. They just explored the falls, went for a swim, took pictures.. etc.. Our whole group had an amazing time! :)

Which excursion company did you use and how was your experience? What were the local food options?

My husband and I did the Blue Hole tour.. and we used Liberty Tours! I spent a lot of time researching different tour companies.. and I had the best feeling about them. If you read the reviews on Trip Advisor.. you will see all the great things that are said about Liberty! I was in contact with a gentleman by the name of Ricardo. We set up the tour via email. But he did call me a couple of times.. just to make sure we were all set. I really liked that I was able to talk with him before meeting him! Ricardo is a very nice, respectful man.

When we got to our port.. we met up with the rest of our group. (I set up a group on cruise critic!) We then decided what we wanted to do for the day. We went to the Blue Hole, stopped for some Rum Punch at this great hill with a breath taking view, grabbed a couple of Jamaican Patties at Juici Patties, had DELICIOUS jerk chicken at Scotchies and did some shopping.

Juici Patties & Scotchies were both great! Highly recommend them if you want an authentic Jamaican meal.

We were very happy with everything! Ricardo made us feel at home. There was never a time were anyone felt unsafe or uncomfortable. He was very knowledgeable and had was really funny. He took care of everything for us! Also.. I wanted to add that our shopping experience was good! Ricardo brought us to a shop were he knew the owners. They gave us discounts on everything and there was never any pressure to buy anything! We got to taste all kinds of Jamaican rums!

I would definitely book another trip with Liberty Tours!

Here are some links that I give to people:

https://www.facebook.com/LibertyToursJamaica

http://www.libertytoursjamaica.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d3738843-r171224039-Liberty_Tours_Jamaica_Day_Tours-Montego_Bay_Saint_James_Parish_Jamaica.html

Enjoy!

photo.php?fbid=10152183785697583&set=o.439345332763903&type=1&theater

Hi everyone,

I have not been on this roll call in a very long time as it was up in the air if we were going to be able to take this cruise. I am happy to say we are and are looking forward to it.

I have to look through the many pages to see whats been going on and I will do so as soon as I can. I am getting ready for another cruise on Princess from Copenhagen to NYC next month.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

Lynne