MSG in Carnival food

Hi all, I had the lap band surgery last February and I am down 52 pounds!! (sorry I have to brag)

My question is; is there MSG in any of the food on Carnival. I've googled and considered messaging JH, but I figured I'd ask you people first!

For those of you who don't know about the Lap Band it is very dangerous for me to eat food with MSG, especially if I am stuck on a boat in the middle of no where!

Sorry don't know the answer to your question. I think that's why you're not getting replies. Please post and let us know if you find out as I'm sure there are others with a history of similar procedures. Congratulations, btw!

As each ship will have different supplies, treat it as an allergy. I have an MSG allergy. Have it noted on your re rod and meet with matre'd before sailing. I have had no issues as most none US suppliers don't use. What effect does it have on lap band? It would make you want to eat more, would be my guess.

I also wondered about msg in the food and emailed a question to carnival a few years ago. I don't have the email handy, but the reply was no they do not use msg. I also have to watch msg due to the high sodium levels. You may want to email carnival and check also to make sure they still do not use msg. Please post back if you find out!!

While not the same issue as you, my mom has high blood pressure and requested low/no sodium meals on her last cruise. Each night the Maitre'd would come sit with her and she would choose her food items for the next evening. I am sure they would do the same thing for you!

Hope you get an answer for sure and if not, be sure to have it noted, as a previous poster recommended. I'm sure they'll take good care of you!

Congrats on your weight loss results!

As each ship will have different supplies, treat it as an allergy. I have an MSG allergy. Have it noted on your re rod and meet with matre'd before sailing. I have had no issues as most none US suppliers don't use. What effect does it have on lap band? It would make you want to eat more, would be my guess.

No, actually MSG expands so it would expand the part of my stomach above the band and could possibly cause serious damage!

Thank you all for your replies. On a different forum someone said on their cruise in January that they had talked with the Matre'd before sailing and he said Carnival doesn't use MSG on any of there ships. I will still note it on my reservation and meet with the Matre'd before we leave!!

Archived