Location of Vanity Table

Maineac

If you look just outside of the bathroom there is a small recess. There is a shallow vanity shelf in this niche. to my mind not nearly as useful as the full vanity at the foot of the bed on the small ships. If can't be more than 6 " deep.

I found the vanity to be fine as far as space, but what I really had issue with was the lack of light for the area. It is in a dark area that is pretty devoid of natural light. You would be better served taking the stand mirror from the bathroom and putting it on the dining table near the window.

Then in that case it must be a manufacture's defect-- maybe Seabourn got a bad batch.Am thinking for our Legend cruise in a couple of weeks I will request one with a " soft focus" much like the camera lenses. It's either that or pack extra spakle.

Could someone tell me if the vanity area has both US and European outlets.

Since we will be traveling for over 5 weeks, I thought I'd purchase a hair dryer overseas.

Thank you

Amen....Hence, I intend to buy one.

To answer your earlier post the ship has both US style 110v flat pin and 220v European style round pin sockets.

As far as buying a hairdryer in Europe to take on board you should check with Seabourn first. They have to be cautious about overloading electrical circuits because of fire risk and generally anything that chews up a lot of power (especially heated items such as hairdryers and kettles) can be unacceptable.

If you check first they may agree to your taking on board but subject to a total wattage limit.

Hope that helps.

Interesting....I've always brought my US hair dryer with me on cruises and have never incurred a problem. Are you saying that the European hair dryers are more of an issue on ships?

Again, I really won't even think about purchasing a European hair dryer, but we are doing an extensive land tour as well.

Thank you for your feedback

Interesting....I've always brought my US hair dryer with me on cruises and have never incurred a problem. Are you saying that the European hair dryers are more of an issue on ships?

Again, I really won't even think about purchasing a European hair dryer, but we are doing an extensive land tour as well.

Thank you for your feedback

For land trips in Europe I always carry a hair dryer bought in Spain since, even though you can get a prong adapter to our US dryers, the sockets in Europe are mostly round, and our square prong-holders many times don't fit.

Most decent hotels in Europe have hair dryers. I have very long hair which requires a substantial amount of time to blow dry and I have no problems using Seabourn provided hair dryer. At least it is not like the ones in inexpressive hotels where the hair dryer is attached to the wall and requires you to keep you finger on the in button in order for it to operate.

Uggh, I hate those! True, most nice hotels have better dryers, but many still lack features we may need... concentrators (or diffusers, as the case may be), several heat regulating buttons, etc. But I agree that Seabourn's is very good and has served me well.