Water and pop

lasefton

You can have them in a carryon bag - like a rolling type. They might pull you to the side to make sure you're not smuggling stuff. They may check bottle seals etc.

You can have them in a carryon bag - like a rolling type. They might pull you to the side to make sure you're not smuggling stuff. They may check bottle seals etc.

They probably will check, especially the water bottles. I was on a

Carnival cruise in April and my daughter had a small carton of

single-serving boxes of almond milk, all sealed just the way they came off the grocery store shelf. The woman at security opened the carton, which was also sealed, and inspected each container.

We would like to take water and some pop. we will take them with us with our carry on s. do we actually have to carry them or can they be in a suit case , just thought it would be easie ?

Rule of thumb seems to be that if you're embarking anywhere else than Tampa, you probably can check the beverages with your luggage. In Miami we have usually just put normal luggage tags to cases of soda and given them to porter as is, some prefer putting the cases to duffel bag or similar. The checked luggage is x-rayed so it's best if there is nothing more in the bag (putting soda cans or water bottles between clothes in regular luggage might seem like trying to hide them -> mandatory visit to the naughty room to claim the bag).

I always take along a few 16-20 oz. bottles (enough to get us to the next port) and I have never been checked or sent to the naughty room.

We have always seen a lot of pop and/or water stacked in front of some rooms, right along side the luggage. People will bring a case and put a luggage tag on it. Doesn't seem to be any problem at all.

I have put a luggage tag right on a case of water and Pop at Seattle and Miami ports both with no problems. In Boston I put a few cans in our carry on with not issues. I like coke and NCL does Pepsi, I have taken pop on all 8 of my NCL cruises, only once did my husband have to retreive my pop in my checked bag, again no big deal he just had to go get it.

Archived