Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann

BBMacLaird

What a marvellous piece about Ryszard. He is one of the jewels of Azamara, as are Heike and Philip. All of them have their own unique styles, but all three are true professionals.

The first time I met Ryszard he was clearing tables in Mosaic. It was very busy and the two waiters were rushed off their feet, so he turned up to help out for 20 mins. At the time I was amazed that a HD would do that....now

I know that's just Ryszard and his way of working. :)

Very, very nice, Bonnie. Ryszard is very special.

Thank you marinaro44 et.al.

Sitting with Ryszard and getting to know him was a treat for me. I know many of you have sailed many many times wih him and have known him for years. So your approval of the article means a lot to me.

P.s. I think the article needs more (aka better) photos of Ryszard. I took these while he was conducting a ship tour for some media folk. If anyone has a super picture please.

I will always have a soft spot for Ryzsard. Apart from his professionalism, during one of my cruises he went above and beyond when I needed a little help. Not sure I would have received a similar level of kindness on any other cruise line.

Ryszard is very special. On our last cruise with him my husband and I were sat in Mosaic and he came up and gave me a hug and said welcome back. I also remember him being on the dock in Montevideo when the Quest's new deck furniture was being delivered, it was extremely hot but he supervised the loading of each piece. He is very hands on and a real gem.

Thank you Bonnie. It is wonderful, at long last, to see a profile of Ryszard.

He is very "hands-on" and always has a solution for any issue.

We have so many happy memories of sailing with him and are sorry that our paths haven't crossed for some time.

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Absolutely agree about the kudos for Ryszard. In Nantes last year we had arranged for a taxi with the concierge since we had a TGV train to catch early in the morning. When none showed up Ryszard took charge and asked people to get off the local shuttle that was scheduled to leave at 9 AM. He arranged for a back up bus for them to leave at 9 AM and instructed the bus driver to take us to the train station. We made the train by 3 minutes!

Once again - well done!

I more than agree with all the comments so far.

We were on board with my sister in law who had great difficulty walking and, was in the early stages of dementia.

Ryszaryd organised a wheelchair for her and staff to push/ carry it whenever needed. He ensured someone always brought her food to her, to save my brother having to go twice and generally kept an eye on them, constantly checking that they were ok.

On the previous cruise we did with him, we had had loads of problems sorting out air fares, transfers etc. and somehow he found out and arranged for us to be invited to a Captain's dinner as a "sorry".

What fantastic service and we hope he will be on the TA in 2017.

We've had the pleasure of sailing with Ryszard (Richard), and he's absolutely fantastic. Very hard worker, always visible around the ship, and works endlessly to ensure that Azamara's guests enjoy a wonderful cruise.

Richard is another of Azamara's many superstars.