Cirque Dreams show First Night Discount on Breakaway ??

Boscodog

I called NCL to ask about booking the Cirque dreams Dinner show on the first night of our cruise at a 25% discount. She did not know what I was talking about and said it was up to the ship on sail date to decide if they wanted to offer a discount. Can anyone tell me about their experience booking the show on the first night. Do we have to wait until we board the ship.?

Thanks

You can book it when you board. Or if you want to prebook via myNCL the price will be adjusted onboard. We had booked for later in the cruise prior to embarking. We decided to go the first night and cancel later in the week. The prices were properly adjusted on board.

Hi,

I have the UDP, and just booked the Cirque dreams show for the first night of the NY-Bahamas cruise and got it for free too!

I don't see this deal mentioned anywhere though.

Thanks for the tips!

Edited by traveller00

Just saw another post mentioning this promotion here:

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

Take advantage of Norwegian's Ultimate Dining Package – Try a Norwegian specialty restaurant every night of your cruise for one special rate. Bring your appetite and desire to taste something deliciously new each day.

A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Entertainment based dining and 1- and 2-day sailings are excluded. See FAQs and Terms & Conditions for more details.

Please note:

Platinum level Latitude Members will receive a $20.00 discount off the total Ultimate Dining Package price

Beginning with Norwegian Getaway's 4/19/14 sailing - Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of The Illusionarium at no additional cost.

Beginning with Norwegian Breakaway's 4/20/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy at no additional cost.

Beginning with Norwegian Epic's 5/8/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams at no additional cost.

This makes the UDP an even more attractive package!

Just saw another post mentioning this promotion here:

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

Take advantage of Norwegian's Ultimate Dining Package – Try a Norwegian specialty restaurant every night of your cruise for one special rate. Bring your appetite and desire to taste something deliciously new each day.

A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Entertainment based dining and 1- and 2-day sailings are excluded. See FAQs and Terms & Conditions for more details.

Please note:

Platinum level Latitude Members will receive a $20.00 discount off the total Ultimate Dining Package price

Beginning with Norwegian Getaway's 4/19/14 sailing - Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of The Illusionarium at no additional cost.

Beginning with Norwegian Breakaway's 4/20/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy at no additional cost.

Beginning with Norwegian Epic's 5/8/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams at no additional cost.

This makes the UDP an even more attractive package!

Thanks for the info.

I received the UDP and UBP when I booked my suite. I did book the show a month ago for the 1st night, paid it online. I heard that the 1st night was 25% off and figured it would be adjusted on board. Now I wonder if I will get it free?

raventhebouv and traveller00, only 2 more weeks to go! we might be at the same show.

We sailed the BA 3/23/14. Booked Cirque online a few weeks in advance. Went to show the first night and they fully credited what we had paid for each person on our onboard account and then charged the reduced price per person.

All of our various transactions for either prepaying or discount for DS under 12 or Platinum at Le Bistro were all handled perfectly correct.

Thanks for the info.

I received the UDP and UBP when I booked my suite. I did book the show a month ago for the 1st night, paid it online. I heard that the 1st night was 25% off and figured it would be adjusted on board. Now I wonder if I will get it free?

raventhebouv and traveller00, only 2 more weeks to go! we might be at the same show.

I can't wait! I would call NCL Tumblew467 to make sure you get your money back as long as you can reserve the show the first night. We got the UDP free when we booked and the show is free, so you don't need to pay for the UDP in order to get this deal, you just need to have the UDP 😄

Do they offer this on Getaway as well?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Ultimate Dining Package

Please note:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Entertainment-based dining and Chef’s Table are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. Reservations are not required however table availability will be guaranteed for Ultimate Dining Package guests with 24-hour advance reservation. The UDP does not include beverages. Child pricing remains as is for specialty dining. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings.

Edited by Orleanscruiser

• 4 weeks later...
I called NCL to ask about booking the Cirque dreams Dinner show on the first night of our cruise at a 25% discount. She did not know what I was talking about and said it was up to the ship on sail date to decide if they wanted to offer a discount. Can anyone tell me about their experience booking the show on the first night. Do we have to wait until we board the ship.?

Thanks

sorry for to bump up this topic.If i do not have the UDP, is the show still 25% off the first night?

If i do not have the UDP, is the show still 25% off the first night?

As you checked in at the pier for your sailing, check the Dailies for Day 1 - it should be listed there for any discount. For others & for us sailing on the BA doing Bahamas 7 nights, yest - we get 25% discount for Cirque Dream Jungle Fantasy Dinner show for $29.95 (reg. was $39.95) p/p - and it was adjusted by Day 3 (or Day 2) and credited back to our account, as we had generous OBC to use.

We get to dine twice at LeBistro or equivalent + 2 bottles of house wine, free with our Platinum status and UDP aren't necessary. MDR, O'Sheehan's and Garden Cafe, etc. offered good food for us - we did pay "extra" for a la carte items at Shanghai Noodles ... with our available OBC. A hot bowl of Seafood & Udon Noodles Soup for $5.95 was my favorite & I recommend it.

Book it early once you board the ship, the "Box" office should be open & confirm with them about the discount, and if you have OBC - you can use it (when you book online, credit card is charged immediately.)

Book it early once you board the ship, the "Box" office should be open & confirm with them about the discount, and if you have OBC - you can use it (when you book online, credit card is charged immediately.)

If you book online and get charged for it will they credit you the 25% reduction on your shipboard account.

Swim25, my understanding is that, yes, you will get credited automatically for the price reduction if & when offered onboard, allow 1 or 2 days for the system to reflect the adjustment. If not taken off & you've prepaid, stop by Guest Services by day 4 or 5 to check with the front desk - by day 7, the lines get long with folks with all sorts of questions & help with disembarkation.

Enjoy the show, we had a great time & IMO, the food isn't bad at all - 6 of us had a booth against the "back" wall in the Spiegel Tent & it was good, with tilting our heads up to look at the performance.

Edited by mking8288

Thanks

Never sailed on NCL. They charge for shows?

Txs

The main shows, including Rock of Ages (110+ minutes) and Burn the Floor (75+ minutes), along with comedies, etc. are free on the bigger ships in the NCL fleet as well - to manage the 4,000 cruisers sailing & given the capacity of the main theater - reservations are recommended but not required, you can always go "standby" or freestyle as always.

Cirque Dream Jungle Fantasy Show is an OPTIONAL dinner show with 3 course meal served as part of the admission price, held at a smaller venue - called the Spiegel Tent on the Breakaway - and, yes - reservation is necessary and there is a per person charge. It's no different than going to Las Vegas in 2014 to see a show, especially a 90 minutes dinner show and expect it to be free. We've sailed on other lines and it's no different - speciality dining is extra, mostly & it didn't come necessary with a free show.

There are plenty of activities & things to do on the ship, including doing nothing at all & just relax, chill, read a book, people watching on the promenade or Waterfront outdoor deck (weather permitting, etc.) or go to the spa - $$$ is required & expected. Unless, of course, you have extra & plenty of OBC to offset the costs.

Edited by mking8288

• 8 months later...

I was reading the posts on the first night discount for the show. Will be on breakaway August 16 2015. Mking8288 I noticed you were on the ss seabreeze in 1998 my husband and I were on that ship 1999. Cruised the Panama Canal

Edited by mousy56

Old thread coming alive again - doing my own "research" & update to best plan ahead for our late winter/early spring getaway - really tired of the snow & cold weather lately. ;)

Is there seating for two or will you be seated with strangers?

Short answer, AFAIK, is "no" - reservations confirmed are seated upon arrival, there are tables for 4 and up - sharing is the norm. Just say hello to the strangers, enjoy the show and the light dinner - salad, entree and dessert/coffee. Who knows, you might come across these strangers again for the duration of the cruise, it might even be your neighbors for that week on the same deck. Be as social as you can or wanted to.

... Mking8288 I noticed you were on the ss seabreeze in 1998 my husband and I were on that ship 1999. Cruised the Panama Canal
Howdy !! It's a small world, isn't it ... That was a "cute" cruise ship and very small by today's standard, size tripled since then - especially standing on the pier and look up close to appreciate BA's monster size, literally a floating city much like an aircraft carrier without the planes & runway. We did skeet shooting from the back of the SS Seabreeze's top deck if I didn't confuse that with another sailing.

We are sailing the BA again next month & will leave it in great conditions for all to enjoy - this time, it's just Mrs. M and I so we are going to enjoy ourselves without planning for others in the extended family tagging along - the ship IS the destination, might hit dry ground just to exercise those sea legs. Okay, we didn't get to GSC last time and if the waves are calm, we will spend 1/2 a day on the beach under shades. Hmmm, maybe I will bring our own sunshade & mats to use as they do run out of rentals.

Edited by mking8288

• 2 months later...
Old thread coming alive again - doing my own "research" & update to best plan ahead for our late winter/early spring getaway - really tired of the snow & cold weather lately. ;)

Short answer, AFAIK, is "no" - reservations confirmed are seated upon arrival, there are tables for 4 and up - sharing is the norm. Just say hello to the strangers, enjoy the show and the light dinner - salad, entree and dessert/coffee. Who knows, you might come across these strangers again for the duration of the cruise, it might even be your neighbors for that week on the same deck. Be as social as you can or wanted to.

Howdy !! It's a small world, isn't it ... That was a "cute" cruise ship and very small by today's standard, size tripled since then - especially standing on the pier and look up close to appreciate BA's monster size, literally a floating city much like an aircraft carrier without the planes & runway. We did skeet shooting from the back of the SS Seabreeze's top deck if I didn't confuse that with another sailing.

We are sailing the BA again next month & will leave it in great conditions for all to enjoy - this time, it's just Mrs. M and I so we are going to enjoy ourselves without planning for others in the extended family tagging along - the ship IS the destination, might hit dry ground just to exercise those sea legs. Okay, we didn't get to GSC last time and if the waves are calm, we will spend 1/2 a day on the beach under shades. Hmmm, maybe I will bring our own sunshade & mats to use as they do run out of rentals.

Dragging this thread alive again, hoping to catch mking's attention to ask a quick question, did you happen to see if Cirque Jungle Fantasy was 25% off for your recent cruise? And thanks for your excellent review and pics!

Dragging this thread alive again, hoping to catch mking's attention to ask a quick question, did you happen to see if Cirque Jungle Fantasy was 25% off for your recent cruise? And thanks for your excellent review and pics!

Gotcha - whem, Uncle Sam's Form 1040 e-filed & accepted, all is good for us.

-

Yes, it's also on the Freestyle Daily that I subsequently uploaded & linked in the review - had some extra pics & notes and info, just never got around to put them up. Maybe I will in the next few days - since some of the info, IMO, will be useful for anyone sailing the ship, regardless of destination.

I'm guessing you are heading for Bermuda soon, lovely islands - in the old days, the smaller Crown docked right on the downtown waterfront - enjoy dinner on the ship, walk off the gangway & stroll the night scene, even take the ferry ride to catch the breeze & then back onto the floating hotel for snacks & dessert. Not as easily done at Dockyard - enjoy the cruise.

Short answer - Cirque Dreams & Dinner Jungle Fantasy was on sale for First Night only with 25% off. Book it thru the Box Office right outside (opened at 1 PM, I believed) or better yet, iTV in the stateroom as you can access it once onboard or touchscreen (?? - not sure what they are referred to, unless it's about the use of the free iConcierge APP for iOS & Android devices, which I highly recommend to pre-download & pre-install before leaving home with fast connection, then activate quickly once connected to ship's firewalled WiFi - it took less than 30 seconds) Grab & find Day 1's Daily on the pier while checking in and/or waiting to board - it should be listed there.

As with everything else these days with NCL with fees, charges & perks, etc. - disclaimers applied here ... yada, yada. Show time was 5:15pm & 8:30 pm but they will likely be changed since Bermuda sail at 4 PM out of NYC whereas Bahamas sail at 3 PM.

They offered premium seating but the stage/theater isn't big and it's really not necessary to pay extra, we saw that in 2014 and 6 of us had a nice big semi-circled booth to ourselves, elevated with the platform steps & it was perfect to see everything - including the dancing wait staff in costume as they are part of the show. The steak & shrimp is fine, but big eater will still be hungry so plan for a late night snack afterall (i.e. buffet before 9:30 PM or O'Sheehans)

There's also the Welcome Abroad Show in the main theater - with a preview of Burn The Floor, if timing isn't changed, you can go right from Cirque to it, with open seating but on first night, not everyone go to catch it.

Any other questions, please feel free to use the review to continue to ask.