Bouillon on the QE2?

songanddance

As far as I'm aware it hasn't been offered for a long time - at least ten years and possibly longer. Cunard used to refer to mid-morning bouillon in the brochure but I don't think I've ever seen it served.

I hope that someone will correct me and say that it is still available; that it's not just another thing that's passed into history:)

I hope that someone will correct me and say that it is still available; that it's not just another thing that's passed into history:)

Well, here's something I'm sure you'll be delighted I "correct" (;)) you on - yes, bouillon is available at the funnel bar - had it in January - I think they start serving it after 11.00 - and excellent it is too!

Peter

Bouillon is available at the funnel bar - had it in January - I think they start serving it after 11.00 - and excellent it is too!

That could explain a lot - I wouldn't normally go to the Funnel Bar in the mid morning so I wouldn't have seen it. Do they charge for it there (like the tea there) or is it an inclusive item in your fare? Is it served anywhere else?

There was no charge for the bouillon during my last crossing, but a tip was graciously accepted by the steward.

You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be those of us during the QE2's upcoming April crossing, tucked under a steamer rug in a deck chair nursing a cup of hot bouillon.

Archived