And what about desserts?

anandaindonesia

It's all personal preference - I couldn't even tell people in my group what they wouldn't like, let alone a stranger that doesn't give out any background info.

For me personally in MDRs the best desserts are the bread pudding and/or vanilla ice cream or sorbets - they also have some ok chocolate cakes etc. From buffet, plain crepe with raspberry sauce (all regular crepe toppings are almost all sugar and too sweet to my taste so I try and find less sweet sauce from the ice cream station).

I don't normally like cakes but the strawberry shortcake is pretty awesome! If they ever have creme brûlée I'm all over that. The ice cream is always a good option. The chocolate cakes are hit or miss especially the ones in the buffet they usually look good but do not taste as good as they look.

I like to get some of the hot fruit cobbler and then get a scoop of ice cream on top!!!! We like the fresh baked cookies too, but would let them get cold and harden up and use them for ice cream sandwiches. Delish! We bring our large covered coffee mugs with us and use them to make ice cream floats. I think I have an ice cream problem and I didn't know it until this post.:eek: Fran

I like to get some of the hot fruit cobbler and then get a scoop of ice cream on top!!!! We like the fresh baked cookies too, but would let them get cold and harden up and use them for ice cream sandwiches. Delish! We bring our large covered coffee mugs with us and use them to make ice cream floats. I think I have an ice cream problem and I didn't know it until this post.:eek: Fran

He remined me this was in the buffet after seeing the early show . We generally do not eat dessert in the dining rooms because we like to see the early show and service is S L O W. Fran

My favorites are the bread pudding and I think it was a chocolate raspberry cake. Although, there was one sailing where the bread pudding was REALLY disappointing. Same recipe (?), but execution on that ship resulted in an overly sweet and dry dessert.

In the past, my favorite was the strawberry souffle with vanilla sauce. Long gone, I think. The coconut souffle they have now isn't as good.

Seriously I'm a dessert fan, and I don't enjoy NCL's desserts! The best is the crepe with ice cream only available in the Buffet at dinner time.

I'm not a cheesecake eater, nor do I really care for bread puddings and custards so I'm happy with just plain old ice cream.

As much as I love NCL, I can't think of a single memorable dessert. Not one. As best I can recall, no matter what the dessert was supposed to be...it always wiggled. Hence, I usually stick to ice cream or sherbet if I want dessert. Best sweet onboard are the chocolate croissants at the breakfast buffet.

I found the desserts on Epic very appealing visually and completely lacking in taste. I found that to be very odd, especially the ones in the Garden Cafe. Fortunately, they had a great selection of both hard and soft ice creams with toppings.

I know, huh? As Woody Allen said, "my mother spent my childhood putting the chicken through the de-flavorizer." I often wonder if they have one in the kitchen. Not all the desserts, but especially the chocolate ones and the sort of jello-ey slices look pretty and have no flavor.

Of course, I am old and taste buds die.

There is some sort of banana cream pie concoction in Cagney's that I love. And the bread pudding is good, especially if you pour Cointreau all over it!