Guaranteed Cabin Question

EMc&DrS

We booked an upcoming cruise on Reflection using the "concierge guaranteed" option and were immediately assigned a cabin within 24 hours even though the cruise is over 2 months away. The cabin we were assigned is listed as a category C3, however, I saw on a site that rates cabins that ours is one of the least desirable in the C3 category because it is in the very front of the ship; the forward view from the balcony is completely blocked by the bridge because the bridge is literally next to our balcony.

Considering we got a really good price, we can deal with this, however, there are about a dozen more cabins in this class still available--many of which are no where near the bridge. So, my question---has anyone ever had luck requesting a cabin reassignment after booking a "guaranteed" cabin, or is this the "chance you take" when booking a guaranteed cabin? And if so, how soon before the cruise would Celebrity consider such a request?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have booked guarantees on 4 or 5 occasions and have switched cabins to a better location within the same category every time there have been better ones available.

Just give your TA or Celebrity (depending on how you booked) a call.

One of those occasions our TA for that booking said it couldn't be done. I made a quick call to Celebrity, confirmed that it could, then called my TA who gave it a try and we secured the cabin we wanted.

They will consider you request as soon as your guarantee has been allocated so get in while the cabins you want are still available.

Edited by woodyren

Thank you both for your quick reply. When you called, were you able to request a specific cabin within the class, or could you only request a reassignment?

I used a website (can't mention it on here) where you can see which cabins are still available. Chose the one we wanted and requested it. I normally have a second or third preference that I give to me TA but on each occasion the one we wanted was still available and we were allocated it within a short time.

I used a website (can't mention it on here) where you can see which cabins are still available. Chose the one we wanted and requested it. I normally have a second or third preference that I give to me TA but on each occasion the one we wanted was still available and we were allocated it within a short time.

I did go through a TA, and I can see all available cabins on their site , so I'll take your advice and make a request--with a back up choice or two as well! Thanks!

Keep us posted as to how you go. Also don't forget to keep an eye out for price drops. On our upcoming Solstice cruise we started out in a balcony 2C and ended up with an Aqua guarantee because the price was only a little extra. That turned into an A1 and we changed once allocated to one with an angled larger balcony.

We booked a guaranteed balcony room and were assigned an aft room on deck 8 on the Eclipse.

When I enquired if we could have a room in the same category closer to mid ships we were told by Celebrity in the UK that was not possible unless we paid the difference between the guarantee balcony rate and the cabin rate for the desired cabin. The difference in cost was a lot of money so we declined. We stuck with our original assignment and it turned out great.

It maybe that Celebrity in the UK applies the rules differently

We booked a guaranteed balcony room and were assigned an aft room on deck 8 on the Eclipse.

When I enquired if we could have a room in the same category closer to mid ships we were told by Celebrity in the UK that was not possible unless we paid the difference between the guarantee balcony rate and the cabin rate for the desired cabin. The difference in cost was a lot of money so we declined. We stuck with our original assignment and it turned out great.

It maybe that Celebrity in the UK applies the rules differently

I believe from a lot of posts that I have read that this is the case when booking in the UK. In Australia it is sometimes allowed. The USA it seams to be almost always allowed. One of the reasons we always use a US agent if the prices are similar.(they are normally better anyway)

We booked a CC guarantee for our upcoming cruise. We were assigned a C3 far aft; we don't mind aft cabins, but prefer closer to the stairs than this cabin was.

I noticed that there were C3 cabins open that were still aft but maybe 10 or so cabins forward of our original. I just emailed our TA and they were able to get the cabin I wanted with no problem.

Keep us posted as to how you go. Also don't forget to keep an eye out for price drops. On our upcoming Solstice cruise we started out in a balcony 2C and ended up with an Aqua guarantee because the price was only a little extra. That turned into an A1 and we changed once allocated to one with an angled larger balcony.

Mission accomplished! I left a voice mail for my agent and within 15 minutes he called back to say that Celebrity had accepted my request. Now instead of being the first cabin on the hall next to the bridge, we are 15 cabins away and very close to the elevators/stairs. Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions!