St. George and Hamilton in one day?

Bibble

Last time I went to Bermuda was 1992. We docked in St. George until very late, then moved to Hamilton, and stayed there overnight. To say we did "a lot" is an understatement (also, we were very young - 2 23 year old girls having the time of our lives!)

Next time I go, we will be docking at the shipyard from 9:00-5:00.

I don't recall distances, or public transportation, etc, at all...

Would it be feasible to do stuff in both locations in one day?

Or are we better off picking one, and doing stuff around there, and ferrying back to ship?

(we are looking for: some beach time, maybe something like a waverunner tour, some cool hang-out bar (truth be told, I think we are going to "attempt" to find one we hung out in back in 1992. Probably not there anymore...).

Thank you!

You are trying to do too much for such a short stay. If the cruise ship arrives at 9 am, the soonest you would be off the cruise ship is 9:30 am if things go smoothly. If the cruise ship departs at 5 pm, you'll have to be back on board at 4:30 pm.

St George's is too far to go on a short stay. You would be spending too much of your limited time on travel.

I would go to Horseshoe Bay Beach first and if you have enough time, do the waverunner tour.

As for the bar, do you remember any part of its name; was it on the waterfront in St George's or Hamilton? Did the bar have a specialty drink? Was it near a tourist attraction?

SBtS

• 3 weeks later...

As for the bar, do you remember any part of its name; was it on the waterfront in St George's or Hamilton? Did the bar have a specialty drink? Was it near a tourist attraction?

SBtS

I was afraid it wouldn't be so easy to see as much :(

The bar was in st George near the waterfront. More of a pub. Lots of marina folks there. If I recall right, it was up some stairs. But my recollection is fuzzy. Other than the pretend wedding I had with a sailboat mate and we got "married" but the "captain" of said sailboat.

I'm going to dig out pictures and see if any at all have part of a name or such.

Any idea how long the ferry takes from the shipyard over to St George?

I was afraid it wouldn't be so easy to see as much :(

The bar was in st George near the waterfront. More of a pub. Lots of marina folks there. If I recall right, it was up some stairs. But my recollection is fuzzy. Other than the pretend wedding I had with a sailboat mate and we got "married" but the "captain" of said sailboat.

I'm going to dig out pictures and see if any at all have part of a name or such.

Any idea how long the ferry takes from the shipyard over to St George?

The ferry from Dockyard to St. George takes about 45 minutes.

Any chance the pub was the White Horse? http://www.whitehorsebermuda.com/

Edited by njhorseman

The ferry from Dockyard to St. George takes about 45 minutes.

Any chance the pub was the White Horse? http://www.whitehorsebermuda.com/

I'm sure the waterfront bar in St. George is the White Horse. St. George is small enough so a couple of hours there would be enough to get a taste - and then bus back to Hamilton for a while , followed by short ferry trip back to Dockyard. It would depend upon OP catching an early enough ferry from Dockyard to St. George -- but it could be done.

Thank you!!!

the White Horse Pub definitely looks like it!!

The scheduling sounds good if we are going to try to do both spots... But I'll definitely have a plan B :)

Right now it sounds great to go down memory road and see what we did so many years ago, but by then, a beach and a fruity drink might just be enough - LOL!

We were at the White Horse last spring. I would say it was pretty quiet. We wanted to go because we also cruised to Bermuda ('95) and remember having lunch near the pier. The only restaurant near the pier is the White Horse.

I would offer as a plan B option, take the mini bus to Horseshoe Bay for some beach time, and then hit the Frog and Onion Pub before getting onboard. The Frog and Onion at the Dockyard was fairly lively, and much more entertaining

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were at the White Horse last spring. I would say it was pretty quiet. We wanted to go because we also cruised to Bermuda ('95) and remember having lunch near the pier. The only restaurant near the pier is the White Horse.

I would offer as a plan B option, take the mini bus to Horseshoe Bay for some beach time, and then hit the Frog and Onion Pub before getting onboard. The Frog and Onion at the Dockyard was fairly lively, and much more entertaining

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! that sounds perfect :)