RCCL Alaska Northbound Best Hotel

dllyon

What is the best Hotel if you are taking RCCL northbound from Vancouver?

Closes to the RCCL pier. that is a nice hotel. Thanks

In Vancouver?????? The Pan Pacific, is considered one of the best at Canada Place, but, may not be your dock?

Is this just a place to stay one night before the cruise or several nights because you want to do a few things in Vancouver and tour the area? What is your budget for a "nice" hotel. Do you get loyalty points from a chain? Questions worth considering before you book. The ships leave from the central part of Vancouver and most of the chains have hotels near the piers. They are all a short taxi ride from the port. For just an overnight staying at an airport hotel might save you money and you have just the one taxi ride in the morning if you choose a hotel with a free airport shuttle. Stay in central Vancouver if you are doing things like touring Stanley Park or taking a day trip to Victoria. Vancouver is worth several days and nights because there is so much to do and see.

I will be staying several nights before a RCCL cruise. Budget is around 250 a night, I would like a view of the waterfront.

I want to take a tour of Vancouver. Stanley park, Aquarium etc. Was going to find a tour company.

Thanks

I will be staying several nights before a RCCL cruise. Budget is around 250 a night, I would like a view of the waterfront.

I want to take a tour of Vancouver. Stanley park, Aquarium etc. Was going to find a tour company.

Thanks

I'm cruising with RCCL and am staying at the Pan Pacific. I was able to get a $280 rate through AAA.

Thanks

Wife and I really like Landsea Tours (http://www.vancouvertours.com). We've used them twice and they're excellent.

Pan Pacific is definitely convenient as it is right at the pier. This last year, we stayed at Pacific Rim (Fairmont) and I much preferred this hotel to Pan Pacific. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at, anywhere.

Pan Pacific is definitely convenient as it is right at the pier. This last year, we stayed at Pacific Rim (Fairmont) and I much preferred this hotel to Pan Pacific. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at, anywhere.

Hi Coral,

How did you transport your bags from Pacific Rim to Canada Place? How is the cost compared to Pan Pacific? About the same?????

Thanks!

Hi Coral,

How did you transport your bags from Pacific Rim to Canada Place? How is the cost compared to Pan Pacific? About the same?????

Thanks!

I had my mom and Service dog in tow (plus luggage from being gone for over 3 weeks), so we took a cab from Canada Place to Pacific Rim after our cruise. Someone mentioned that there is an underground tunnel but I never looked for it.

We had a free night at a Fairmont hotel and the 2nd night was $400 so it worked out to be $200 per night for us. I think the Renaissance was $250 a night when I priced it out, I don't remember the cost of Pan Pacific (probably in the $3xx range). I actually wanted the Fairmont Waterfront but couldn't get that hotel. Our room was amazing at Pacific Rim and we had a great view of the water and where the Olympic Cauldron which looked great at night. Having stayed at previous Fairmonts, this was definitely the best of the ones I have stayed at.

I stayed at Pan Pacific before the Olympics and it was "pretty tired". I understand that is no longer the case and it is in great condition.

The Pacific Rim seemed to be full of Vancouver Convention people. It doesn't seem to attract the cruisers. I loved this hotel and my other all time favorite is Pan Pacific Village Center in Whistler. Funny - 2 of my favorite hotels are in Canada. The room is probably the nicest I stayed at at Pacific Rim (very modern and large) and the view was great but I didn't take advantage of the rest of the hotel's amenities so I can't speak for that.

I had my mom and Service dog in tow (plus luggage from being gone for over 3 weeks), so we took a cab from Canada Place to Pacific Rim after our cruise. Someone mentioned that there is an underground tunnel but I never looked for it.

We had a free night at a Fairmont hotel and the 2nd night was $400 so it worked out to be $200 per night for us. I think the Renaissance was $250 a night when I priced it out, I don't remember the cost of Pan Pacific (probably in the $3xx range). I actually wanted the Fairmont Waterfront but couldn't get that hotel. Our room was amazing at Pacific Rim and we had a great view of the water and where the Olympic Cauldron which looked great at night. Having stayed at previous Fairmonts, this was definitely the best of the ones I have stayed at.

I stayed at Pan Pacific before the Olympics and it was "pretty tired". I understand that is no longer the case and it is in great condition.

The Pacific Rim seemed to be full of Vancouver Convention people. It doesn't seem to attract the cruisers. I loved this hotel and my other all time favorite is Pan Pacific Village Center in Whistler. Funny - 2 of my favorite hotels are in Canada. The room is probably the nicest I stayed at at Pacific Rim (very modern and large) and the view was great but I didn't take advantage of the rest of the hotel's amenities so I can't speak for that.

Coral, thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

From your post, sounds like you got a pretty good deal at Pacific Rim. Last year I was able to get a good deal at Pan Pacific ($218--breakfast included) when I booked VERY early. I have stayed at Hyatt on Burrard and Marriott Pinnacle and enjoyed those hotels as well. I'm always looking for alternate hotels in case one of my choices doesn't pan out. Thanks a lot for the information and good review.

I have stayed at Hyatt on Burrard and Marriott Pinnacle and enjoyed those hotels as well. I'm always looking for alternate hotels in case one of my choices doesn't pan out. Thanks a lot for the information and good review.

I have stayed at the Hyatt 3x, Renaissance 1x, Pan Pacific 1x and now Pacific Rim Fairmont (1x). I got a great deal on Pan Pacific through Hotwire one year.

I have stayed at the Hyatt 3x, Renaissance 1x, Pan Pacific 1x and now Pacific Rim Fairmont (1x). I got a great deal on Pan Pacific through Hotwire one year.

Thanks for the Hotwire tip, I appreciate it.

Archived