Anyone flown back from Caribbean recently?

caber

We fly back on a Thomson`s charter to Glasgow in February. The flight is 6.30 in the evening. I was wondering around what time they take you off the ship and how long is the wait at the airport.

It is quite a few years since we did the Caribbean this way and at that time you were literally off the bus, through security and onto the plane. I don`t suppose it is still so good?

There's definitely not plenty shops, unless it's changed since I was there in November 2013.

That said the whole transfer process is absolutely excellent. Times at the airport vary but on the whole very quick and not long at the airport which is good as there is nothing to look at or do and you just wanna get home...

Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to my cruise even more now. Last year we went with Princess. We had a great cruise but had to fly from Glasgow to Heathrow, Heathrow to Miami, overnight in Miami then onto ship in Fort Lauderdale.

Good for P&O.

Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to my cruise even more now. Last year we went with Princess. We had a great cruise but had to fly from Glasgow to Heathrow, Heathrow to Miami, overnight in Miami then onto ship in Fort Lauderdale.

Good for P&O.

I have to admit that I like the Princess offering - a night in Miami to get over the journey before boarding the ship. I spend the evening at the Doral Ale house (great bluecollar atmosphere, good food and cheap beer - $10 cab from intercontinental hotel) and breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts in the strip mall across the road.

On return, I delay my return flight by 2-3 days and stay in Florida - Princess' flight department are very helpful in this respect - and Hollywood Beach (between Fort Lauderdale and Miami) is a really nice seaside resort town.

I've found that it's a lot easier to fly via a US hub airport rather than LHR - that way you clear US immigration when you change flights and can just walk straight off the plane in Miami, pick up bags and be on transfer bus in just a few minutes.

Using Princess flight select on line lets you choose flights, timing etc and see different prices for different routes. Often it's at least £100 less to go via Chicago (ORD) or Philadelphia (PHL).