Belize or Costa Maya Ruins or Both???

Susie

Help! I can't decide if we should do the ruins in Belize or Costa Maya or both. I'm thinking about the Cahal Pech in Belize and then Chacchoben in Costa Maya. The information I've seen on websites on the Cahal Pech ruins look very interesting. We have such a short stay in Belize (1:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.) that I thought I'd book a cruise line excursion just to be on the safe side. I was thinking about Chacchoben in Costa Maya and then spending the rest of the day exploring Majahual. Just thought I'd get anyone's thoughts on these two tours.

Many thanks!

Hi Susie I had been to Costa Maya and Belize, Basicaly it was beaches in Costa Maya.The ruin of Chacchoben is only one building.It will be much more building you will see at the Maya ruins in Belize.I went to Altun Ha in Belize it was so exciting to go to these places I had been to Altun Ha and Baboon Sanctuary.Margaret took me at these places she took care of me,She was knoledgable about her whole country,The history of the Mayas and also about the different trees and what they were use for.She did an exellent tour..We also had time for shopping.contact her at mdstourstravel1@yahoo.com.Margaret will take care of you all. :) Linda

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where the above poster went, but Chacchoben definitely has SEVERAL structures. I was there two years ago (also been to Tulum) and Chacchoben was fantastic. I have not been to any ruins from Belize yet, so I cant compare those for you. I have photos of Chacchoben if you are interested.

Archived