Understanding Regent air service

shuguley

Let's assume that a cruise is ending in Copenhagen and that a passenger needs to get to Atlanta. Is this the process for Regent air service?

Regent has contracts with certain air carriers for specific flights along this route.

Approximately 270 days prior to departure, the Regent Air Service Department will have a list available of those specific flights and can make them available to the passenger for review.

The passenger can review the flights and then chose which one(s) seem the most desirable. The passenger or TA can request an early booking (for a fee) and secure the specific flight(s) desired. By booking the flight early the passenger is assured (or almost) of getting on the requested contracted flight.

Is this understand on my part correct? Also wondering, Regent uses the term "early booking" and "flight deviation request". What is the difference between the two and difference in fee charged?

Thanks so much for your help.

See below for answers:

Let's assume that a cruise is ending in Copenhagen and that a passenger needs to get to Atlanta. Is this the process for Regent air service?

Regent has contracts with certain air carriers for specific flights along this route.

Believe Regent has contracts with specific air carriers not necessarily for specific flights on a specific route. Regent can also contract with other carriers for flights at the same or close to prices.

Approximately 270 days prior to departure, the Regent Air Service Department will have a list available of those specific flights and can make them available to the passenger for review.

To my knowledge there is no list for review at the 270 day mark. Also, there are times when flights are not available at 270 days as a new contract with a carrier may not yet be in place. The procedure is for you to provide your TA a list of flights that you prefer in order of preference. Regent will notify your TA which flights are available and if there will be an upcharge beyond the $125 deviation fee. You then have a choice of paying the difference plus the deviation or not. Perhaps later more flights without a charge will be available or not. Perhaps a contract will be finalized with more flights or not. You provide the list, Regent does not.

The passenger can review the flights and then chose which one(s) seem the most desirable. The passenger or TA can request an early booking (for a fee) and secure the specific flight(s) desired. By booking the flight early the passenger is assured (or almost) of getting on the requested contracted flight.

Not sure what you mean by early booking?? You can only get your flights early by paying the deviation fee. By specifying the flight and paying the deviation fee and any extra cost, if applicable you are assured of the flight unless the airline makes changes. It may or may not be a contracted flight.

Is this understand on my part correct? Also wondering, Regent uses the term "early booking" and "flight deviation request". What is the difference between the two and difference in fee charged?

Have no clue of the difference as described above.

Thanks so much for your help.

"Believe Regent has contracts with specific air carriers not necessarily for specific flights on a specific route."

Regarding the above quote, Regent only has a contract for a specific number of seats per flight. Therefore, the sooner you book, the better.

This is a quote from the Regent FAQ: Air schedules are sent out 75 days prior to departure. Should you require immediate confirmation, you may book your flights through Regent Seven Seas Concierge at any time. For a small fee, your flights will be confirmed upon your request. Deposit must be provided before air is confirmed.

Is this the same as a flight deviation request?

Also, I know that Regent uses Delta. However when I requested a flight deviation for a non-stop Delta flight from Atlanta to Rio I was told Regent did not have a contract for that flight. From that experience I concluded that Regent contracts for specific flights not just specific carriers.

This is a quote from the Regent FAQ: Air schedules are sent out 75 days prior to departure. Should you require immediate confirmation, you may book your flights through Regent Seven Seas Concierge at any time. For a small fee, your flights will be confirmed upon your request. Deposit must be provided before air is confirmed.

Is this the same as a flight deviation request?

Also, I know that Regent uses Delta. However when I requested a flight deviation for a non-stop Delta flight from Atlanta to Rio I was told Regent did not have a contract for that flight. From that experience I concluded that Regent contracts for specific flights not just specific carriers.

Yes, it does sound like a deviation request. And, as far as contracts with airlines and are they for specific flight or not, none of us really know the correct answer and I am only providing my thoughts on the subject while others appear to know the answer although only Regent and the airlines who are contracted know exactly what is in their contracts.

Really doesn't matter anyway, as you provide your requested flights and Regent will let you know if they are available and if their are extra charges. As to the lack of non-stop availability, believe but, don't know for sure that because of the discounts Regent gets from the airlines, the available flights won't always be the best and that stops/plane changes should be expected.

We deviated last week and were able to get two non-stop flights. In general, we find it difficult to find non-stop flights to many destinations. From Vancouver, the only non-stop flights we have seen are to London, Sydney, Auckland, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Beijing. Most other destinations require a minimum of one stop.

Archived